The VP, CX Designer is key role in Synchrony’s way of working – part of a strategic and dynamic team that will drive Synchrony’s transformation toward great experiences delivered through a digital first and product led mindset.
This role will participate in investigating and solutioning CX improvement opportunities using human-centered design methodologies. This is a role focused on holistic, omni-channel experience design destined for execution and launch. The CX Designer will be responsible for participating in cross-functional “CX sprints” across the enterprise to improve each stage of the end-to-end customer lifecycle. This role requires hands-on design strategy formulation and concept design experience.
We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility. You have the option to be remote, and work from home, or come into one of our offices. You may be occasionally requested to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events.
- Leverages customer experience expertise and design knowledge in collaboration with stakeholders to explore, prioritize, plan, and develop end-to-end customer-centered design solutions
- Translates quantitative and qualitative inputs for customer needs, business opportunities, and partner requirements into compelling design solutions by applying principles of human-centered design
- Leads the detailed steps, generates work products, and monitors overall work product quality of the CX design method for specific customer and business objectives and projects
- Engages with members of functional and product platform teams to gather insights, determine solutions, and perform decision making using influence and CX techniques
- Articulates and visualizes the value of innovative, inspired, and simple design concepts to demonstrate how they support Synchrony’s CX design principles through storytelling
- Provides team-based direction to CX design associates and participating subject matter experts when formed around project activities
- Develops and maintains in-depth of knowledge around customer experiences in our ecosystem of channels and forms key relationships with associated stakeholders and leaders
- Engages with and advises business partners in the iterative discovery and solution processes, helping them explore, understand, and define customer-centered design solutions
- Monitors customer experience trends and best practices across industries to implement appropriate practices at Synchrony
- Participates in the identification and execution of internal cultural transformation activities that deepen CX acumen across the company
- Conducts stakeholder reviews and facilitates cross-functional sessions
- Reviews Data from Multiple Sources (Speech, VOC, Complaints, Journey Measurement, etc.)
- Conducts root cause analysis to Identify Themes, Trends, Clusters
- Assesses existing internal and external research insights and competitive intelligence
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree. In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, a High School Diploma/GED and 10+ years of marketing, analytics or strategy experience, including CX Design, in the credit card or financial services industries
- 6+ years’ experience in Customer Experience Design
- Experience with Design Thinking methodology
- Strong experience with journey mapping and facilitating co-creation sessions
- A successful background working directly with Operations / Digital teams for the implementation of designs
- Advanced degree
- Customer Obsessed – The ability to build customer empathy in business partners and emotionally connect to the lives and realities of the people we serve.
- Transformative Designer – Hands-on experience designing holistic, omni-channel customer designs. Ability to transform tasks into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs through the entire experience lifecycle, from the first-time user to the expert. Ability to execute visual, informative, interaction, and service design elements of the initiative that meets business and customer needs and delights customers.
- Relentless Investigator – Demonstrated history of and apparent propensity to discern insights from a balanced view that includes qualitative and quantitative inputs. Ability to analyze complex data sets and leverage experience with customer research techniques.
- Storyteller- A strength in using storytelling to share your discoveries, influence business partners and create energy around an idea or a design. Ability to communicate insights and designs to others (Business Partners) through customer journeys, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes, infographics, and other materials. Ability to pitch design concepts in a clear, concise, and compelling way to obtain buy-in.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 – 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance expectations).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
When you join us, you’ll be part of a diverse, inclusive culture where your skills, experience, and voice are not only heard—but valued. We celebrate the differences in all of us and believe that our individual, unique perspectives is what makes Synchrony truly a great place to work. Together, we’re building a future where we can all belong, connect and turn ideals into action. Through the power of our 8 Diversity Networks+, with more than 60% of our workforce engaged, you’ll find community to connect with an opportunity to go beyond your passions.
This starts when you choose to apply for a role at Synchrony. We ensure all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of
reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time
Job Family Group
Financial Services Operations