Mission is to protect and conserve the world’s ocean, beaches, and rivers, through education and awareness, by providing service learning projects, enhancing wildlife habitat, cleaning beaches and rivers, and by reducing pollution.
Fun Fact About Us
Ocean Blue was founded by father and son at a beach cleanup in Newport, Oregon.
What You’ll Work On
- A compilation of research on a specific topic (e.g. industry best practices, literature review, media contacts, industry trends, etc.) including a list of sources
- Recommendations on areas for further exploration/research
- Note: This project is not designed to be used for prospect or grant research
Research and writing on a specific topic related to effects of plastic.
- Experience analyzing, writing or sourcing research
- Strong research and written communication skills
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 15-25 hours over 1-4 weeks
Why You’ll Love Volunteering With Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Catchafire is committed to helping nonprofits affected by COVID-19 who need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits & social enterprises with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills, pro bono. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well scoped, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire’s team of Nonprofit Advisors.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering