Help Friedens Food Pantry build a team of talented and passionate people to help their organization meet its goals with a comprehensive recruitment strategy.
Friedens Food Pantries is the largest network of community food centers in Milwaukee building community through nourishment.
Our Strategic Areas Of Focus Include
- Food Access
- Food Education & Wellness
- Food Sustainability
- Food Advocacy
- Community Connections
What You’ll Work On
- Recommendations on active and passive recruiting and proper channels to pursue candidates
- Guidelines for hiring process, including order and number of interview rounds, reference checks, and general best practices for an inclusive interview
- Effective interviewing techniques and clear, consistent standards for evaluating candidates
- Tips for negotiating details such as compensation package and title
We are a small organization (currently 4 FTE, 4 AmeriCorps interns) that received a transformational grant to bring on a fundraising staff member. We posted a job description for a Fund Development Manager but had very little luck recruiting candidates. We need help updating the job and improving our recruitment strategy.
- Human Resources
- Talent Recruitment
- Recruiting background
- Experience in sourcing, interviewing, and hiring candidates
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 15-20 hours over 2-4 weeks
Why You’ll Love Volunteering With Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Catchafire is committed to helping nonprofits affected by COVID-19 who need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits & social enterprises with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills, pro bono. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well scoped, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire’s team of Nonprofit Advisors.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering