Metropolitan Family Service is seeking skilled volunteer support through Taproot Plus. Taproot Plus is an online platform that connects nonprofits to professionals seeking strong opportunities to volunteer their talent for good. All Taproot Plus projects are vetted and once Metropolitan Family Service selects a volunteer applicant, Taproot Plus will provide resources and support to help make the project a success.
About This Project
If you would like to learn more about this organization and project, please follow the apply link to schedule a preliminary call with a representative of the organization.
About This Organization
Metropolitan Family Service helps people move beyond the limitations of poverty, inequity and social isolation.
Accounting & Finance – Financial processes improvement
Social Purpose Works is recruiting for a financial process improvement expert for Ethiopian and Eritrean Cultural and Resource Center (EECRC).
EECRC is a nonprofit organization established in 2017 by volunteers to provide culturally specific services to Ethiopian, Eritrean and other African refugees and immigrants in Oregon and SW Washington.
They are looking for professional guidance in budgeting, planning, reporting and managing grant funds properly, tying their chart of accounts to grant (sometimes multiyear grant) requirements.
Your expertise can help them build confidence in managing these funds properly so they can deliver on programs, focus on strategic projects and take EECRC to the next level.
- Ensure grant requirements are coded correctly in the chart of accounts so funds and expenses are allocated properly
- Document the above processes so staff can easily maintain
- Unify accounting processes and platforms to track different grants and day to day expenses accurately
- Advise on budgeting and planning
- Create reports to pull frequently and document how to do it
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Finance/Accounting – QuickBooks and Wave
- Documentation and Reporting
- Passion for and ability to communicate financial information and processes
- Data Visualization
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Education/Experience: Bachelors in Finance or Accounting. CPA preferred. Basic understanding of nonprofit revenue rules.
Resources: The Executive Director is the Project Champion. Candidate will need access to own computer, internet, etc.
Location: Work from home, meet via zoom. Option to work/meet at EECRC office depending on COVID restrictions.
Time Commitment: Small project, estimated at 50-60 hours, to be completed within 3 months of start date. Flexible hours around your schedule.
This is a pro bono opportunity. View the full project description here: https://www.socialpurpose.works/opportunity/a0C5G00000r05bdUAA
This project can be done remotely.