For more than 40 years, our Customer has been following science and seeking solutions to unmet medical needs. They are a biotechnology corporation that makes medicines to treat patients with serious medical conditions. Their goal is to use the power of genetic engineering and advanced technologies to make medicines that address unmet medical needs, and help millions of people worldwide.
We are seeking a UX Design Researcher on a contract basis to help support their business needs. This role will be responsible to support the Experience Design Director in planning and conducting end-to-end customer experience research across the prioritized Experience Operations roadmap.
What You’ll Do
- Data gathering by engaging with patients, advocates, caregivers, customers, employees, or 3rd party partners within different business functions which play a part in a customer journey or touchpoint, working with these personas to identify sources of data and insight that help tell the story of the current state experience. Partners with our SAI organization for the macro customer journey and organizational personas.
- Data analysis by using a variety of tools to format raw operational data into trends, and groupings to show the experience beneath the surface in order to make data-driven design decisions.
- Assembling data and insights to formulate the story of the customer experience and converting that data into visualizations and documentation, or via the creation of a journey framework.
- Performing validation within the customer eco-system and with the internal owners to ensure that the customer journey, process, and interactions are accurately represented.
- Coordinate the scheduling and arrangements for Journey Mapping workshops or Design Sprints, including securing the attendance of the right stakeholders at the right time
- Assist the Studio Design Lead in facilitating workshops, helping attendees populate frameworks, supporting break out groups, maintaining session outputs and documentation as required
- Attend/observe and as appropriate conduct interviews with customers, and provide detailed notes.
- Document workshop outputs, curate digital library of UX assets and documents
- Uncover root causes of experience issues and collaborate with Designers and analysts on new innovation opportunities, enhancements to existing models, or the exploration of external industry integration options.
- At least 5 to 7 years experience of related working experience in a CX or UX Research discipline. Also, tangible and credible experience working within a human-centered design practice or CX/UX insights team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Positive, self-motivated, engaging, and willing to take responsibility for studies and manage end-to-end data collection and executive presentations.
- Experience in a professional level role within customer experience or client-facing opportunities.
- Strong passion for human-centered design and process improvement
- Experience in Google Workspace, MS Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with additional experience using Jira, Confluence, Adobe Analytics, Medallia, or similar.
- Able to quickly learn to use new applications for visualizations and communications.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Team-player attitude coupled with a sense of urgency to deliver results.
- Self-starter that is able to deliver results with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in UX framework exercises: Journey Mapping, Design Thinking, Facilitating Client facing workshops.
- Customer research experience in interviewing, questionnaire design, and documentation.
- Digital UX design, design of journeys, or contact center operations in a multi-channel environment.
- UX Tools: such as Smaply, UserZoom, User Testing, Prototyping
- HTML/CSS/JS (preferred)
- Analytics: Adobe Analytics, Medallia, Social Studio, Talkwalker, or similar
- Content Management: AEM, CQ5 or similar
- Process Mapping, Mind Mapping, Visio, or similar
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Research or Design with a concentration on Human-Centered Design, Human Factors (Information Design or Psychology), Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a related field.
Hours & Location
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This position is located onsite at our South San Francisco, CA office. There is no remote capability for this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application.
Please note: In order to create a safe, productive work environment, our client is requiring all contractors to be fully vaccinated + boosted according to the CDC guidelines. Prior to beginning your assignment, contractors will be required to attest and provide proof that they are fully vaccinated + boosted.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record (Available upon completion of waiting period for eligible engagements)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.