Crossover is the world’s #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, gt.school. Have you got what it takes?
Do you know the secret formula to crush the AP exams, SAT, or ACT? If you aced your own exams and are ready to help other students do the same, join gt.school!
gt.school helps gifted and talented students accelerate their learning via fully remote educational apps. We believe technology can deliver an educational experience that engages and teaches kids 3-5x faster than the standard teacher-classroom model.
In this role, you will map the content and skills needed for our high school students to ace the SAT, ACT, and AP exams. Next comes the fun part! You’ll find the very best resources to deliver that missing content – testing hundreds of apps, games, and online videos to find the most effective and engaging options!
If you’re ready to help revolutionize education, apply today!
What You Will Be Doing
- Identifying the best available learning resources that help students master SAT & ACT test-taking strategies and skills – through practice, mastery, and taking mock tests.
- Helping students increase their SAT or ACT test scores in the most time-efficient manner possible – we want the time students put into the program to be valuable!
- Designing live sessions that capture the attention of 8-12th grade students better than video games might, all while ensuring the learning time spent increases their test scores.
- Hosting live sessions, carrying out 1-to-1 Academic Tutoring sessions with students, engaging students on the program via email/chat, and more.
- Strategizing ways to improve student engagement and success and then actively taking steps to implement.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Lecturing or hosting traditional “classes”
- Assigning or grading homework
Test Prep Curriculum Designer Key Responsibilities
- Success in this role will be measured by the percentage of students who score 1500+ on the SAT
- A bachelor’s degree in any subject from a Top 25 US college or university
- Experience tutoring SAT, PSAT, and/or SSAT test prep strategies
- Able to commit to working at least 20 of your 40 weekly hours between 6 pm and midnight US Eastern time, Monday-Sunday.
- The ability to understand and connect with kids
gt.school is a stealth EdTech startup in Austin, Texas, the center of educational innovation in the US. Our unique approach leverages 50+ years of learning science, cutting-edge data analytics and high-performance life skills coaching. In doing so, we can help students learn 5x faster and unlock their full potential in both academics and in life. We are a remote-first company that hires globally via Crossover.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $100 USD/hour, which equates to $200,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/password-recovery if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4838-US-Olmsted-TestPrepCurric.006