New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
We are undertaking many extraordinary missions to explore Mars, Jupiter and our own home planet, and you can be a key contributor to our success. The Quality Assurance Office provides confidence that hardware and software products work in the extreme conditions of space by providing independent verification that the critical requirements are implemented accurately during fabrication, integration, test and launch. The group is team based, improvement oriented and believes that work can be fun.
Do you enjoy instructing others? We are looking for an Instructor for the NASA Western Regional Training Center Group to provide instructional support to operators, inspectors and instructors and develop competency in the NASA workmanship standards.
You will be responsible for supporting the Training Center Strategic Development and Implementation to upgrade courseware, facilities and infrastructure for technical training classes and will be responsible for performing needs assessments to revamp current curriculum and to generate new course material.
- Design, develop and deliver complex technical training and instruct technical curriculum in a variety of areas, related to instructional design and development using the ADDIE model, as well as develop and implement appropriate instructor led and/or multimedia learning methods and approaches.
- Apply advanced knowledge in manufacturing, electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical or optical assemblies to customize internal course material of complex and partner with other trainers to plan and implement the institutional program training.
- Develop needs assessments based on standard instructional design and development methods and assist with preliminary data reports including gathering and/or calculating required data.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; or Master’s with 1 year of related experience.
- Ability to deliver instructional material in both group and one-on-one classroom environments.
- Knowledge in some of the following areas: manufacturing, electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical and optical assemblies to the NASA workmanship standards.
- General understanding or experience in manufacturing, quality assurance and process improvement.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and procedures. Has familiarity with Engineering, Technology, Quality Assurance, Production and/or Manufacturing and prior experience in workmanship training including:
- Cabling / Harnessing
- Polymeric Applications
- Mechanical Assembly
- General knowledge of laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures and/or government regulations across a range of applications is a strong plus.
- IPC and or NASA Instructional Certification(s) desired.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status or any other characteristic or condition protected by Federal, state or local law.
In addition, JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EEO is the Law.
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available here.