Short Description:Technical Support Analyst 3
IT Support for Regions
local Richmond, VA candidates needed due to onsite requirement – at least 3 days/wk onsite
Client has determined that there is a need for regional IT Support throughout the Commonwealth to assist with information technology needs and projects. The position will report to the Office of Information Management’s IT Operations Center and will perform various tasks to help direct IT requests through the appropriate channels, communicate the IT needs of their assigned regions, and will be the voice of their assigned region.
Daily Duties Includes But Not Limited To
- Determine the needs of the region for hardware, software, upcoming projects, and more.
- Communicate needs of the region to the IT Operations Center.
- Demonstrate servant leadership through collaborative strategic and tactical planning to achieve holistic goals of the IT Operations Center.
- Direct users to the appropriate source of help based on needs.
- Respond to requests of the assigned region for IT Support in the VDH IT Service Portal.
- Coach staff through troubleshooting computer, hardware, phone, mobile phone, asset inventory, and software issues.
- Advise users on how to use technology or what technology exists to meet their business needs or communicates those needs to the IT Operations Center for advice.
- Provides coordination and assistance with Asset Management, PC Refresh, Phone System Issues, Printer Refreshes, etc.
- Escalates any urgent issues and outages to the IT Operations Center, Information Security Office, and *** when necessary.
- Actively tracks current and future initiatives, needs, issues, concerns, projects, and action items.
- Regularly meets with District IT and Business Manager staff to discuss IT.
- Provides weekly reports on the status of operations and the above listed tracked activities to the IT Operations Center.
- Communicates new technologies, opportunities, events, changes, policies, best practices and procedures to the assigned region.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology related discipline – work experience may meet this requirement in lieu of a degree at the hiring manager’s discretion.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management: Incident, Change, Service Request, and Asset Management.
- General working knowledge of MS 365 applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Forms, SharePoint, Teams, Bookings, etc.
- Experience leading meetings, collecting requirements, finding solutions, escalating issues, researching issues and solutions, and preparing comprehensive reports.
- Experience in continual service improvement initiatives, project management, project coordination, governance, and risk management.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software – hands-on or from a service desk.
- Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to improve.
- Demonstrated skills in creating professional communications to users.
- Demonstrated success in managing and prioritizing work.
- 1+ years of experience using ServiceNow.
- Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with the aim for better results. Open minded regardless of where ideas originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent training and facilitation skills.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification – Associate or Above.
- ServiceNow and/or Teams development and configuration skills.
- Knowledge of and previous experience with Virginia Information Technologies Agency (***).