Job # 601884
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
This position is responsible for the project management of Verizon network deployment and upgrade projects across multiple geographical markets. You will interact with multiple teams to move projects along from inception to completion in a timely manner, provide forecasted timelines as projects progress and accurately track completion. Manage database information to provide project updates, analyze data for accuracy and completion, and communicate with project team any potential issues on project progress. Host and run multiple project team meetings on a recurring basis to communicate, manage team progress, and manage resources as needed. Must have excellent organizational, communication, and project management skills, be self motivated, able to work multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to work independently.
Responsibilities Will Include But, Not Limited To
- Ensure compliance with all Verizon Wireless standards and practices.
- Effectively manage vendors and internal teams.
- Work with a team to make sure projects are worked with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for providing accurate Capital and Expense budget forecasts.
- Monthly/weekly reporting on project status and completions.
- Business Partnering.
- Forecasting activations.
- Managing Risks and Issues.
- Team Leadership.
- Strategic Influencing.
- Responsibility for communicating effectively at all levels.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for…
You’llneed To Have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years work experience in project management, vendor management, or related fields
- One year work experience in communications industry required, wireless experience preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Experience in using computers, including experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office software, as well as experience with relational and web based database applications. Slack, Tableau or Salesforce experience.
- PMP certification or knowledge of Project Management standards.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $70,000 and $130,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Job Family: TEC
Business Unit: NCOVH