To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Customer Success Group
The Technical Account Management team within Signature Success is looking for a driven and customer-focused Technical Account Manager (TAM) to serve as a main contact point for Salesforce’s largest and highest-profile customers. You will have responsibility for partnering with a small number of assigned accounts, maintaining a continual focus on the customer’s business goals to improve their overall technical and operational health and realize the maximum value out of their Salesforce investment. The Technical Account Manager maintains awareness of the customer’s key events, needs, potential risks, and value drivers.
As a trusted advisor, the TAM will build a track record in customer success through good communication with partners and extensive knowledge of the Salesforce platform to translate their business needs to solutions. You will forge relationships with your customers and account teams, develop a deep technical understanding of their Salesforce implementation, share standard processes, and adoption of proactive services. These activities will enable you to proactively set the customer up for success through optimization of the platform, with special care during peak events.
As a TAM, you will occasionally act as a point of contact for any major incidents, being responsible for the customer’s expectations and communications through the resolution of such incidents. The TAM acts as the primary technical interface on behalf of our customers and works closely across both internal and external collaborators, including partners and ISVs, as required to address the customer needs.
The ideal TAM has an extraordinary focus on the success of the customer, is an exceptional communicator, exhibits professionalism, enjoys establishing relationships, and has the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Develop relationships with key customer business and IT partners to understand their top business goals and priorities, act as an internal authority on your customer’s key value drivers and needs, and act as an internal point of contact on your customer to internal partners.
- Help your customers achieve their business goals and outcomes on the Salesforce platform by…
- coordinating the completion of the Signature Success catalog of services for your customer
- providing timely, proactive Salesforce feature guidance based on the areas of interest for your customer
- acting as an advisor to your customers for the adoption of new features of Salesforce’s annual release schedules and identifying potential challenges and risks to your customer’s implementation
- reinforcing to your customer the value in the implementation of technical recommendations for improvement based on Proactive Monitoring guidance
- Communicate the value of Signature Success. Be accountable for ensuring all partners understand this value so that customers continue to renew Signature Success.
- During infrastructure service degradations or disruptions that occur during normal business hours, provide regular updates and communications to key customer contacts. Partner with internal teams like Signature Support delivery and the Critical Incident Center for after-hours coordination. Following infrastructure incidents that impact customers, supervise the internal root cause analysis efforts to provide the customer a description of the cause and future prevention actions.
- Act as an advocate for customers during the triage and resolution of high severity cases to assist with the timely resolution of these issues.
- The TAM may be required for occasional travel to customer sites and may need to be available for some after-hour or weekend coverage depending on the customer’s need.
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in one or more of the following: Technical Customer Success, SaaS platform use or project leadership, Technology Consulting, Technology Solutions Development, Technical and/or Solutions Architecture.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with shown ability to communicate and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Skills for both analyzing technical concepts and translating them into business terms and for mapping business requirements into technical features.
- Ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts in business-friendly terms to customers, then explain customer needs to internal partners.
- Knowledge of software development process and design methodologies
- Experience leading efforts of multi-functional teams to facilitate resolution or disposition of customer needs or projects.
- Salesforce product certifications are a plus (Administrator, Sophisticated Administrator, Platform App Builder, Service Cloud Consultant, Sales Cloud Consultant, Marketing Cloud Specialist, Commerce Cloud & Heroku).
- Knowledge of Salesforce products and features, capabilities, best use, and how to deploy.
- Knowledge or experience in Salesforce Customer Data Platform (CDP) a plus
- Knowledge or experience in Digital Marketing or Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus.
- Experience working with Enterprise-level customers
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $107,300. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who flourish with delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc. or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.