Type Of Requisition
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess
Clearance Level Must Be Able To Obtain
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required
Commitment- up to 32 hours, maximum, per month.
GDIT’s Military Health Solutions Team is hiring a part-time, on-call, Traumatic Brain Injury Subject Matter Expert (SME) with a background in acupuncture to support the Traumatic Brain Injury Center of Excellence (TBI CoE). In this role, you will support TBI CoE with reviewing documents, responding to questions related to the state of the science and new research findings as it relates to translation, as well as supporting clinical recommendation revisions as needed.
TBI CoE unifies a system of TBI health care, reliably advancing the science for the warfighter and ready to meet future brain health challenges.
SME will, in collaboration with the TBICOE HQ leadership, keep TBI CoE abreast of changes and updates in the emerging TBI research and literature. Additionally, support and participate in the development, writing, creation and/or improvement in TBI related documents, recommendations, tools and/or resources. These products will be utilized by providers, service members and/or family members as they relate in the care, treatment, and effects of a TBI along the continuum of care and recovery
What You’ll Be Doing
- Review existing and ongoing studies regarding TBI care in civilian and military populations to ensure appropriate translation into the DoD and VA clinical practice and research gaps.
- Ensure new products or tools do not conflict with existing protocols or guidance.
- Assist in the development, writing, creation and/ improvements in TBI related documents, recommendations, tools and/or resources.
- Collaborate with senior leadership, internal and external stakeholders, and other SMEs to ensure sufficient evidence and evaluation for a clinical recommendation, support tools, educational tools, or other requested products will meet customers need or intended population.
- Participate in periodic in scholarly, academic, and scientific presentations, meetings and/or provides work for publication in scientific related journals or other format.
- Provide clinical input to TBI CoE, the Services and the VA on improving standards of care, medical systems, TBI clinic development and TBI education across a wide network of organizations, clinical professionals, and key leadership.
- Must adhere to legal, professional, and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
What You’ll Need (required)
- MSAC or MSTOM
- 5+ years of acupuncture experience working with TBI patients.
- Ability to search, review and understand the medical literature required.
- Ability to take literature searches and provide succinct research review reports on a quarterly basis, with a highlight on advances in research that change TBI care or so to be advances that Government staff should be aware of.
- Ability to work with TBICOE leadership to support the DoD, the Services and the VA to continuously evaluate the emerging research on TBI and provide recommendations on how to best incorporate new knowledge to the general clinician in the DoD and VA.
- Ability to monitor medical literature and the practice of TBI care to highlight best practices, identify innovative tools and educational tools and methods.
- Ability to develop and utilize power point for presentations.
- Must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to favorably pass a T3 security investigation.
What Would Be Even Better (preferred)
- Background with research.
- Familiarity with military medical systems.
Skills & Attributes For Success
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, leadership ability, public speaking, organizational skills, creativity, adaptability and ability to write and process reports quickly.
The likely hourly rate for this position is between $0.00 – $0.00, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Any Location / Remote
Additional Work Locations:
Total Rewards At GDIT
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match. To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available. We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.