As SingleStore’s Systems Engineer, you will help shape the IT tool set used by our end users. This is an active, hands-on position, responsible for scaling and securing our enterprise end point computing environment. As a Systems Engineer, you will help build and maintain the tooling to secure and manage our endpoint fleet across multiple OS platforms (macOS, iOS, Debian Linux, and Windows). This is an incredible opportunity for someone to build upon their technical strengths and be a part of IT at a growing startup.
The successful candidate will bring a passion for automation and an engineering mindset to collaborate and deliver technical solutions with a focus on providing an excellent user experience. As part of a startup and growing team, you will also get an opportunity to learn and support our end users on various other technologies and systems we use
Roles And Responsibilities
- Manage (patch), administer, and help scale our global fleet of MDM connected Mac devices
- Implement tooling/MDM solutions to manage our Linux and Windows endpoint devices
- Automate and operationalize the endpoint lifecycle, streamlining the onboarding and offboarding process for our employees
- Automate application distribution and management using internal / external tools
- Develop and refine operational metrics, and improve the systems used to track the health of our fleet
- Support other members of the team with troubleshooting and resolution of complex issues related to endpoint devices
- Seize opportunities across the IT Operations team to eliminate manual work through tooling, integrations and automation
- Learn and be able to support users with other SaaS applications if needed (OKTA, g-suite, slack, JIRA etc.).
- Keep up to date with industry trends and upcoming changes in the end point management capabilities, endpoint hardware and operating system. Proactively test functionality and prepare for upgrade in our environment.
Required Skills And Experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience or combination of education and/or experience
- Experience supporting Mac, Linux and Windows OS platforms in an enterprise environment, inclusive of software patches, application deployment, and risk mitigation
- Prior experience of designing and implementing tools to maintain and support a distributed user base of macOS, Linux and Microsoft Operating systems
- Experience with security tooling such as device encryption, anti-virus tooling, digital certificates, patching, and application allow/deny listing
- Experience with designing and implementing Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools – Addigy, Intune, Jumpcloud, JAMF or similar
- Proficiency with scripting in any of the following or similar languages (PowerShell, Ruby, Python, AppleScript Bash, Go)
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Desire to learn new technologies
Nice To Have
- Prior experience with managing Amazon Workspace or other Desktop as a Service (DaaS) offering from cloud vendors
- Experience writing infrastructure as code (Terraform) using declarative configuration files
- Experience in managing endpoints using code-based configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Munki, Autopkg)
- Current or in process of obtaining certification for a MDM tool (JAMF, Addigy, Intune, Jumpcloud etc.)
- Prior experience with administering some of our current technology stack or willingness to learn: OKTA, Confluence, JIRA, Slack, Zoom, google suite including google meet.