Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video. Our team of energetic, creative thinkers is searching for its newest members. Great people who enjoy good work, impressive challenges, and the chance to embody FreeWheel’s tenets: Be Kind — You come first. Take care of yourself, your families, and your teammates. Assume Positive Intent – We are all in this together. Get it done!
FreeWheel Global Support is the service delivery leader in the Advertising Management Industry for Premium Video. Support Engineers help Customers drive success in the new TV ecosystem. The team’s contribution is White Glove Service and our product is knowledgeable, empowered customers who champion the FreeWheel brand.
Excellent Customer Experience is delivered through system analysis, solution delivery, and White Glove services. Support Engineers articulate product solutions and market concepts to a mixed skillset of End-users. Using customer requirements, the team develops use cases for Engineering improvements, contributes to product documentation, and provides training to the teams we support.
For the right candidate, this position will allow for tremendous growth and the opportunity to deliver enterprise-level Customer value to industry leaders in the TV ecosystem. On-call rotational work on some nights, weekends, and during live events is expected.
Grow into a Subject Matter Expert in market-leading technologies. Experience required in XML. Advocate for Customer Success throughout the organization.
Train customers to succeed on the FreeWheel platform.
Support Engineers are thorough, deconstructing complex problems and building comprehensive solutions. We enjoy working with people and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrable experience solving complex problems using technical tools like SQL and scripting languages is appreciated and useful. The organization values the ability to quickly adapt and learn new technology. Good candidates submit resumes; great candidates tailor resumes, connect their experience to this role, and express their interest in this industry with a cover letter.
- A Computer Science, Engineering, or related Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- “Be like water, my friend” and adapt to rapidly changing circumstances.
- A creative thinker who thrives on solving complex problems, delivering elegant product solutions, and balancing evolving priorities.
- Excited about facing new challenges, comfortable contributing to the direction of the team, and seeking guidance from management and peers.
- Intrigued by Premium Video and the opportunity to make a deep impact on the future of Television.
Employees At All Levels Are Expected To
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $57,750.00 – $84,000.00
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.