Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Attribution, Audience and Proximity Targeting, Visits, Places and Pilgrim SDK. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc., and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About The Team
The Data Support team ensures Foursquare products have high quality POI data. Our team is a group of motivated, hard-working interns learning and becoming exports on location data to support our enterprise clients. We research POI data quality issues, ensure our clients POI data can be matched to FSQ POI data and cleanup data issues raised by our clients.
About The Role
We’re seeking a natural problem-solver who is process-oriented, curious, passionate about data and creating non-traditional opportunities to enter tech to lead our Data Support team. As the Manager of the Data Support team you will be responsible for hiring, training and supervising a small group of Data Support interns who together ensure clie. You will be the first point of contact on data quality issues for our POI dataset responsible for triaging and working with Product and Engineering as needed to resolve broad issues.
(This role can be based in LA, Seattle, New York or Chicago; with some preference to New York).
Responsibilities Of The Role
- Triage incoming data requests and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Hire, train and supervise a team of motivated, hard-working interns
- Identify and test new methods to manage data as technology changes, work with product and engineering as appropriate
- Identify training and documentation gaps, update as technology changes
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years experience in technical support or data operations roles
- 2+ years with Excel or Google Sheets
- 1+ year hiring and supervisory experience, or equivalent experience as a trainer or teaching assistant
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic proficiency with Shell scripting and command-line utilities
- Basic proficiency with SQL
Nice To Have
- Experience with working across several teams (technical and non-technical) in a cross-functional role
- Familiarity with at least one programming language (Python, Swift and Java preferred)
- An understanding of Location/GIS industries and data
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.