Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City with offices in Austin, Denver and Atlanta, and team members across the US, Orchard has over 800 employees and growing. We’ve recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. We’re proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work.
About The Role
Orchard is looking for a dynamic Strategic Finance Lead to join our growing Finance team. As a Strategic Finance Lead, you will drive the Company’s core financial forecasting and reporting, as well as work closely with senior executives and department heads across the organization to evaluate, plan, execute, and measure strategic business initiatives. The ideal candidate has an extensive track record creating the highest caliber analyses in a fast-paced environment with the ability to operate independently while maintaining impeccable communication.
This role will report into the Head of Strategic Finance and will be based out of our growing New York City office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Own and refine the company’s core financial and operational forecast model.
- Partner closely with Business Unit Leaders to understand key drivers of the business and provide relevant and reliable financial insights to augment high-level strategic decision making.
- Drive strategic decision making in a dynamic, fast-paced environment through thoughtful and well-communicated ad-hoc analyses.
- Drive the bi-annual budgeting process, providing functional support and high-value thought partnership with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Develop, maintain, and automate monthly variance and KPI reports, as well as quarterly board materials.
- Support the executive team on special projects including fundraising, new product development, market launches, and M&A.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in strategic finance, FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, or private equity.
- Comfort navigating complex, often ambiguous, analytical problems without an existing playbook.
- Experience developing rigorously accurate three-statement financial models and reporting packages with relentless attention to detail, preferably at a high-growth company.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) allowing you to build collaborative relationships across organizations.
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity and drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience with Google Workspace, Netsuite, and Looker is a plus.
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.