Our mission at Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc is to make it easy for our customers and our associates to ‘feel at home’ across all of our retail brands.
Whether you’re working at Bed Bath & Beyond, a buybuyBaby or a Harmon store, our Retail Associate positions are responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers wide range of quality products and goods. We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
Retail Associates positions will be cross trained in the following areas:
- Sales / Stock Associate:
- Engage with customers to determine their needs and direct them to the appropriate merchandise
- Provide a positive customer experience which includes a strong understanding of product knowledge while offering additional goods and service
- Perform a wide variety of tasks in the Receiving Department, including verifying shipments, processing damages, and completing daily stock replenishment
- Ensure an accurate, timely and friendly checkout while assisting our customers to have a positive experience
- Fulfillment Associate:
- Receive and stock inventory
- Fulfill customer orders and oversee curbside pick-ups
- Assist and satisfy the needs of our in-store and online customers
Please note that Retail Associates may perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, general maintenance such as daily front-end presentation (cleaning exterior and interior windows, doors and surfaces), stocking, cart retrieval and break room/restroom housekeeping. May require the use of ladders to move merchandise or complete other tasks needed to access areas and work safely. May require lifting/moving up to 40 pounds.
- Employee discount of 25% off total @ Bed Bath & Beyond concepts purchases ( Bed Bath & Beyond, and Buy Buy Baby)
- A fun and engaging work environment that prides itself on employee training and development
- Must be flexible to adjust tasks and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Positive and welcoming attitude
- Ability to learn how to use common retail technology, such as scanners, Point of Sale systems, smart phones and tablets
Benefits for all associates include 401K after 1 year of employment, confidential consultation on personal issues, as well as online tools, resources and referrals on legal, financial and work-life needs.
Benefits for full-time employment include offerings on medical, dental, vision, and legal benefit options, along with the above listed benefits.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the People & Culture Department.
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
Hourly Pay Range is $15.50-$16.00
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.