At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As a Staff Product Manager for our Community platform , you’ll have the ability to deliver innovative solutions used by millions of people every day, working hand-in-hand with companies like Google, Microsoft, AirBNB, Spotify, and Southwest Airlines.
The Staff Product Manager will interface with customers, developers, customer-facing roles at Khoros, user experience designers, and end users to understand, develop, and prioritize product needs and requirements. This particular position will primarily be fcosued on our platform, APIs, and developer experience. He or she will collaborate with product marketing resources and other business partners on competitive analyses, go-to-market strategies, planning, and execution for our platform and services. He or she will develop key product strategies and participate with agile scrum teams writing and prioritizing user stories based on the needs of our customers, partners, and other product teams working across the product portfolio. One of the most important aspects of the job is to develop and drive priorities for our feature development based on business value to the marketplace and revenue for Khoros. This includes improving customer retention, increasing the profitability of existing products, and developing new and innovative products for the company. You will help define products based on existing ideas, and you’ll help develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with the market. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Consult with internal and external customers and partners to identify revenue potential, business needs and requirements for the product features and user stories
- Manage the Product Backlog and work with stakeholders to lead product discovery and design, help identify and describe requirements, and align the team’s backlog to the longer term road map
- Engage in bug triaging, product planning, visioning, road mapping, and release planning
- Manage customers and partners, users and other stakeholders to clarify and document scope, requirements, and deliverables for suggestions coming into the backlog
- Work with Architects and Engineers to develop the long term technical strategy
- Collaborate with delivery team and Scrum Master to perform release and sprint planning, execution, retrospectives and present at sprint reviews
- Effectively present product ideas, strategies, designs, and go-to-market plans to small and large groups and to senior executives
- Contribute to cost/benefit and ROI analyses for product planning with other product owners and management stakeholders
- Contribute to documentation for release notes, training manuals, and other departmental administration
- Perform demonstrations of the product for customers, sales staff, and internal team members
- At least 5 years in a product or engineering management role delivering successful consumer oriented web products. SaaS experience is required
- Technical aptitude and exposure to modern web application design, architecture, distributed systems, and devops with massive scale & data volumes
- Proven ability to partner with developers to deliver releases to the market in a timely, agile manner. Team player with a track record of building strong, cross functional working relationships and focused on team performance, rather than individual success
- Entrepreneurial and creative, with excellent ability to help define and understand what drives an applications strategy, as well as an understanding of how thriving online communities work
- Empathic; a passion for the customer and exceptional user experience
- Able to truly embrace and embody the Khoros Values: We earn trust through our actions and attitudes, We win and grow as one team, and We listen, learn, and lead to help our customers succeed.
- BS/BA or higher, preferably in computer science or a related discipline, or with extensive exposure to software development and delivery.
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience building or managing tools for developers to integrate and extend SaaS services, APIs, or open source so lutions.
- Familiarity with modern web application services and technologies such as REST, GraphQL, React, Node, Elastic, Git, etc.
The base salary range for this role starts at $160,000 with a 15% Bonus. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more.
At Khoros we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
The Khoros platform connects every facet of customer engagement, including digital contact centers, messaging, chat, online brand communities, CX analytics, and social media management so brands can listen, respond, and act on customer conversations- creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
Khoros offers a great working environment and competitive compensation and benefits packages. We’re looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players who enjoy brainstorming new ideas, working with the best and brightest in the social media software industry.