Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Solution Consultant will analyze business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processing systems for a moderate subset of the organization. In this role, you will use specialized knowledge to develop, maintain and establish operational specifications for Infrastructure, considering information flow, configuration setup, volume, ad hoc reporting, analysis and document format. In this role, you work closely with stakeholders and external delivery partners to understand the business requirements and drive the development of high-quality technical solutions. Ensure technical deliverables to customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time and deliver values outcomes
- Coordinate partnering and cross functional collaboration across information technology teams for a limited subset of the organization.
- Lead, guide and advise on the purchase, design, installation, configuration and maintenance of operating system equipment and software.
- Implement short- and long-term information technology solutions that meet the needs of the organization.
- Contribute infrastructure design and work with enterprise architecture to execute on existing technology architecture and systems solutions.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Translate business requirements from holistic and cross technology standpoint during an initial (pre-explore/explore) phases of projects
- Provide design and technical consulting expertise for complex and high impact projects
- Research and propose new and/or alternate cost effective infra solutions that are within the Cargill’s IT framework
- Help work through ambiguities in a project and keep project “on track” from a technical perspective
- Collaborate with project managers, technical engineers and business teams to ensure business needs are met
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- 5+ years of Information Technology experience with technical consulting and solutions development including data center, servers, storage, database, network, voice solutions
- Strong leadership skills and experience at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools
- Experience in developing new ideas and processes which improve performance of project delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
- Knowledge of Cloud environment like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.