This position has been designated as Remote and work will be performed within the Hunt Valley area.
Description – External
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We’re a team that dares to look at the world’s challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
This role has been designated as Remote within a Geography.
Trane Commercial has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Services Account Executive to join the Mid-Atlantic Region based in Baltimore, MD. Primary responsibilities include developing high-level customer relationships working primarily in the K-12, higher education, healthcare, commercial real estate, industrial, and state/local government markets. This role will be responsible for working with internal and external sales teams to build a sales pipeline, make concept presentations and qualify the potential for a comprehensive strategic solution or energy services offering. A Senior Services Account Executive is responsible for long-term customer relationships and maximizing account penetration and customer retention with the C Suite, building owners, Directors, Board Members, and state/local governments. The knowledge and ability to sell a solution and lead financial discussions at the highest organizational levels is required. This role does not require a deep technical understanding of the HVAC, energy, lighting, and mechanical industries; however, a broad general working knowledge is a plus. This role does require the ability to be self-directed and work effectively to market and position our comprehensive service and energy solutions to key stakeholders. This goes beyond HVAC efficiency – this is the future of truly Integrative Building Services Solutions.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must be accustomed to and have documented success in financial sales with long, complex and multi-tiered sales cycles.
- Must be accustomed to speaking and selling to decision making individuals and groups such as, but not limited to, City Managers, County Managers, Superintendents, CEO’s, CFO’s, Business Managers, Technology Officers, Council Members, Board Members, etc.
- Has expertise in the financial, legal and technical aspects of deal structuring with multiple buying influences within a client.
- Is a master communicator – consulting clients about Trane’s Energy Services and Performance Contracting offerings, persuasively articulating costs, savings, investment opportunities and long-term options for energy efficiency measures.
Additional Responsibilities Include
- Develops comprehensive service solutions for the customer’s challenges and opportunities, including financial and performance-based considerations.
- Provides knowledge and consultation to our customers on the financial drivers, legislation and requirements for energy based financially driven sales throughout the area.
- Help develop multiple relationships in the customer’s organization with economic buyers (e.g. CFO, Director of Finance, etc.) and buying influences including facility directors, project managers, project engineers, construction, purchasing, legal, and finance officers.
- Utilizes Account management process to identify market opportunities and key customers, ascertain their needs, and develop specific account business plans to grow identified partnerships.
- Converts leads into opportunities by identifying value drivers, financially qualifying the customer, and assigning the appropriate sales process.
- Oversees the sales process including sales strategy, final proposal, handling objections, contract negotiations, closing the sale and transition to fulfillment.
- Expertise in the financial, legal and technical aspects of deal structuring with multiple buying influences within a client.
- Understands structured finance offerings such as Public Private Partnerships (P3), Energy Services Agreements and Power Purchase Agreements and how best to work with financial partners to model these transactions for our clients.
Minimum Requirements Include The Following
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related course of study is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of business development and financial solution sales experience
- Proficient knowledge and use of financial and strategic selling skills.
- Proven track record of developing and closing complex, multi-departmental large-scale contracting deals.
- First-hand experience and strong working knowledge in one or more of the following vertical markets: Education, College/Universities, Healthcare, Commercial Real Estate, and/or State/Local Government.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations.
- Must have strong presentation skills and demonstrated experience using consultative selling skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Trane Technologies follows all applicable laws, mandates, and customer policies where required in order to do business. This role may fall under such laws, mandates, or customer policies that require proof of Covid-19 vaccination upon hire or require you to have an approved medical or religious accommodation in place.
Base Compensation Range is $60,000-$90,000.
Total compensation for this role will include a commission/incentive plan.
Disclaimer: This base pat range is based on US national averages. Actual base pay could be a result of senriority, merit, geographic location where work is preformed.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.