OUR GOAL:Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Columbus Ohio client has a contract to hire opportunity for a SQL Developer who will report to the Director, Applications.
- The primary focus of this role is to ensure database stability and resiliency while also planning for growth and scaling as client grows.
- The position will perform basic DBA tasks such as backup plans, maintenance jobs, performance testing, monitoring, and reporting in a MSSQL environment.
- The position will also require an in depth knowledge of T-SQL, script writing, and server administration.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters and have a passion for infrastructure development.
- The role will be required to interface with 3rd party vendors and help to manage the IT budget spend.
- Collaboration with all client departments and with our enterprise customers is required, making good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Responsible for basic day-to-day SQL Server administration to all client application DBs
- Keeps SQL Server databases patched and on latest appropriate/feasible versions
- Performs server and system health checks on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoot problematic database issues and performance problems
- Orchestrates performance testing and strategies
- Works with vendors to arrive at cost-effective licensing and architecture strategies
- Works with development team to build and deploy their software releases
- Maintains and enhances system security framework to adhere with industry/client best practices
- Plan and implement upgrades needed to maintain service levels.
- Maintains existing and develops new reporting stored procedures as requested by the business.
- Has a deep understanding of TSQL in this area
- Has a deep understanding of disaster recovery/business continuity practices
- Advanced knowledge of backup and redundancy concepts. Log shipping, mirroring, etc.
- Interfaces with key business stakeholders to arrive at new requirements for the system from a data standpoint
- Deep understanding of schema design and data modeling.
- Has the ability to look at a vendor system schema and be able to write reports
- Assist in managing client Tech Support queue
- Embraces the client culture, supports the client Credo, and demonstrates commitment to the client mission and passion for the environment.
- Achieves targeted goals and business results through creativity, initiative, and personal accountability, while realizing true work-life balance.
- Comfortable working on multiple high priority tasks and interacting with business unit leads to resolve issues.
- 5+ years of MS SQL Server 2012,2014,2016 Administration
- 5+ years of SQL Profiler, Perfmon, and Query Plans
- 5+ years of TSQL script writing. Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers
- 5+ years of Windows Server 2012,2016
- 5+ years of SSIS ETL Package writing
- 5+ years Database Configuration and Release Management
- 5+ years of Data Modeling and Normalization.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (NICE TO HAVE):
- NoSQL database experience (i.e. MongoDB, RavenDB, etc)
- Apache Solr
- Powershell Script Writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate across a broad spectrum of users
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Development in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of AWS/Azure database services
- OLAP/Big Data knowledge a plus.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.