Shift4 (NYSE: FOUR) is boldly redefining commerce by simplifying complex payments ecosystems across the world. As the leader in commerce-enabling technology, Shift4 powers billions of transactions annually for hundreds of thousands of businesses in virtually every industry. For more information, visit www.shift4.com .
We are building an elite mobile team and are looking for a strong hands-on Android Engineer to join us. You will be a key member of the Android team and will be responsible for core customer-facing experiences in Shift4 POS and mobile ordering apps.
You will be a hands-on self-starter with extraordinary technical skills. As a part of an agile Android team, you will have unparalleled opportunity to impact our product and millions of customers and associates! If you thrive in a dynamic environment where you are implementing crucial Android features while also improving people’s lives, then this is the job for you!
You want to be a part of the team to disrupt this industry and you have these main skills
You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude.
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles combined with a solid knowledge of multithreading, networking
- Extensive knowledge of offline storage, caching and performance tuning
- Extensive experience in managing and creating Android app modules and SDKs in the
form of AARs to distribute for use in other applications
- Able to dig deeper into Hybrid and native Android codebases including communicating
- Experience interfacing with USB and bluetooth hardware such as printers, card scanners
and NFC devices is a plus
- Expert level knowledge of Java, Android SDK and Gradle
- Experience with Kotlin would be ideal (we migrated our codebase; all new features are
written in 100% Kotlin)
- Experience with managing build deployments across several clients and flavors
- Extensive experience in debugging applications in production environments
- Experience in developing content rich applications including animation and window
transition with Material Design
- Experience in good app architecture using design patterns such as MVVM, MVP
- Ability to build products with focus on testability, someone who loves test coverage (well
versed with Mockito, Mockk, and JUnit)
- A disciplined approach to development, code review, testing, documentation and code
structure in a team environment
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion
for adopting the latest features in Android
- Actively participate in growing and coaching of fellow team members
- Able to understand future business goals from Product Owners and make sure
architecture and system design can support those goals
- Build proof-of-concepts to validate architectural and design choices and evangelize those technical choices to other teams
- Design and develop scalable and performant architecture for multiple mobile teams.
- Able to understand, diagnose and then solve deep technical and performance issues
across the platform .
- BA/BS/MA/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years in Android Development with a strong sense of communication and collaboration.
- 2-3 years working with Hybrid apps which includes Cordova or any other Hybrid App approach.
- POS knowledge, Payment SDKs, and POS hardware experience is an asset.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate at all levels from development to executive
Shift4 Payments is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age or any other protected characteristic.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.