At SlingTV, we think services based on big bills, bundles, and useless channels are a thing of the past. Sling TV is uniting cord-cutters and smarter consumers everywhere with simply priced TV and mobile access to the top live networks — join our team of spirited innovators in changing the way we watch TV. Our office is light, lively, and buzzing with dynamic people. We love what we do, we love who we work with, and we love TV. Brainstorm with us, build with us, banter with us, and even participate in outdoor activities with us — start your next adventure with SlingTV.
You will be joining a small, high energy, focused team that is creating an industry-changing TV ad selection and analytics system. It has to scale to thousands of channels, tens of thousands of ads and millions of viewers. You will be working with technologists who invented the foundational technologies that underlie the delivery of video over the Internet today. The system we are building will be similarly disruptive to TV advertising. Think analytics better than Google for TV advertising. Think millions of ad targeting decisions happening within a few seconds.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be inventive, self-motivated, curious, thrive working with top technologists, accountable, an excellent communicator, and hungry to make a meaningful difference. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing, and building scalable servers and systems with analytics running in a critical control loop.
- Integrating, designing and developing external-facing APIs that will communicate with various systems.
- Use internal and external web services including AI which will be used to make ad decisions at real time.
- Taking ownership of your projects and building appropriate documentation.
- Interfacing with other teams to help them consume this new data in meaningful ways; being able to support various non-traditional uses and users of the APIs.
Skills, Experience And Requirements
A successful candidate will have the following:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or closely-related field with 3+ years of professional experience.
- The desire and ability to learn and adapt is required for this position.
- Exposure to big data experience using Kafka, AWS (EC2 & S3), Hadoop, Elastic Search, and Kibana is a plus.
So, if You Have…
- Enterprise experience in software development using multiple languages & frameworks
- Intellectual curiosity
- A passion to deliver
- To work in fast-paced, agile environments
- To develop code all day, every day
- Social interaction and collaboration
- A Challenge
- An Adventure
- A place to grow as a technologist and have an impact on the company
Then join us!
Compensation: $74,150.00/Year – $116,955.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.