United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Ref #: 13496
How you’ll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
Delta Air Lines Information Technology is seeking an Full Stack Software Development Engineer to support critical technology applications, systems and integrations.
The Java Full Stack Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Responsible for participating in the development, maintenance, enhancement, and support of applications
- Understand business requirements in order to provide the technical design of software
- Develop appropriate software and documentation according to Delta standards
- Support and troubleshoot computer systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow up on all problems
- Follow Delta standards and methodologies in the development and implementation of computer software
- Works/Consults across multiple projects; functions as an informal leader
- Works on complex projects that require subject matter expertise
- Responsible for providing hands on expert level assistance to junior developers for technical issues.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
What You Need To Succeed (minimum Qualifications)
- Experience using various design patterns preferably MVC, Singleton, Facade and Factory – Proficient in OOD and Implementation, Design Patterns
- 3 + years’ experience using Hibernate and understanding ORM
- 3+ years’ experience using GIT, JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat and Oracle
- Solid understanding of web/mobile application architecture and security (OAuth, JWT, Spring Security)Extensive experience implementing API’s (REST) via microservices
- 3+ years of hands-on UI development experience utilizing Responsive Design
- Proficient in Bootstrap or Foundation frameworks
- 3+ years experience in J2EE development environment using IntelliJ, Eclipse or similar IDE
- 2+ years experience with Angular JS (Angular 5 or above preferred)4 + years experience with unit testing frameworks (e.g. Junit, Mockito, Jtest , Jasmine, Protractor)
- Proficient in OOD and Implementation, Design Patterns (MVC, Creational, Structural and Behavioral etc.)
- Interfacing with Rest Services, API Gateway and Event Driven Microservices
- Experience or exposure to ZooKeeper, Kafka, IBM Middleware Technologies
- Processing data via JSon or XML
- Must have diverse experience utilizing Java tools in business, Web and client-server environments including Java Platform, J2EE, JDBC technologies and Apigee gateway platform
- Experience or exposure to Database Design and Implementation
- Knowledge of Multi-tier Architecture, Rational/Visio modeling
- Experienced with UML, Unix Scripting, DevOps Practices
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (OpenShift (preferred), AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge (preferred Qualifications)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solver with attention to detail
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills and able to handle multiple assignments
- Provides technology mentorship to developers in lessor roles
- Evaluates leading-edge technologies and uses this information to support future business needs.
- 3+ years experience with Agile, TDD and Lean development practices
- Maintains an enterprise wide perspective in supporting customer area(s) seeking solutions that optimally support the enterprise