At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster when eligible. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
This position is part of the NBA Social & Digital Content team which focuses on identifying, creating, distributing and publishing content to the NBA’s social and digital platforms and its many domestic and international partners throughout the world. As the demand for content on the NBA’s social platforms continues to grow, this is your opportunity to grow with us in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment, reaching social followers around the world.
The ideal candidate is a YouTube expert who knows all the latest trends, how to create content for the platform and is obsessed with analytics. Not only do they understand YouTube, but they understand how to create content about the game of basketball, the NBA’s players and teams, statistics and history around the game while maintaining a brand voice.Lastly, this candidate has their finger on the pulse of the NBA and spends their free time immersing themselves in podcasts, message boards or consuming short and long form content about the NBA.
- Oversee the NBA’s YouTube channel strategy, which includes:
- Making data-based decisions to optimize and maintain the NBA’s YouTube content strategy
- Monitoring platform trends and brand health to make content decisions for the NBA’s YouTube page
- Developing new content franchises with the Video Content Creation team for longform content, short-form content, live content and Shorts content
- Developing SEO strategy for titles and descriptions on the channel
- Developing thumbnail packages with the Content Design team to increase CTR
- Making improvements to videos in the NBA YouTube archive
- Finding new ways to engage with the NBA’s community in the Community feed
- Management and upkeep of presence in Google OneBox
- Working with the NBA Content Partnerships team on YouTube partnership Publishing to the NBA’s YouTube channel
- Oversee the NBA’s YouTube publishing team, which includes:
- Recruiting, hiring and training publishing team
- Managing publishing team schedules
- Educating publishing team on the latest platform trends and analytics insights
- Work with multiple teams internally to optimize the channel, including the Digital Strategy and Analytics team, the Video Content Creation team, the Content Design team and the Global Partnerships team
- Present strategy and insights to multiple internal teams
- 3-4+ years of experience managing YouTube channel strategy for a sports brand or media organization
- Knowledge of YouTube at an expert level – understanding of the competitive landscape, way fans consume NBA content on the platform, all features and opportunities on YouTube and Google and SEO knowledge to improve title and description creation
- Knowledge of the NBA at an expert level, and is passionate about the storylines surroundings its players, coaches, teams, statistics, standings and history of the league, as well as excellent understanding of basketball stats and analytics, the rules of the game and the history of the game
- Experience creating basketball content
- Strong understanding of the NBA’s social voice
- Strong understanding of available YouTube data and metrics and how to interpret them to inform decision-making
- Ability to work on deadline and handle multiple tasks at once with a precise and detail-oriented approach
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment while handling critical tasks in a composed and timely manner
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Great communication skills and ability execute feedback given
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as this position may include working days, nights, weekends and holidays based on the NBA calendar
- Must be a team player who can work collaboratively
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.