Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Social Content Manager will use their content creation and strategic savvy to help build Cargill’s reputation. With experience in establishing a winning social presence, this role will help create and implement the company’s social strategies to increase engagement, affinity, good will and advocacy. Help audiences truly get to know and understand Cargill by harnessing the power of on-trend social storytelling and compelling, tailored and thoughtful content.
- Build Cargill’s brand reputation in social—guided by our narrative—in partnership with social strategists and leaders across Global Communications.
- Consult with social strategists to craft and oversee the creation of best-in-class social storytelling and digital experiences.
- Bring creative counsel and partner with visual communications to craft and activate smart content strategies and campaigns.
- Be a standout copywriter, proofreader, editor and brainstormer.
- Lead our social content calendar, ensuring integration and cross-pollination with visual, editorial and digital work.
- Maintain a strong awareness of digital and social content trends to inspire continuous improvement and innovation by leading positive change.
- Build briefs and articulate creative thinking to help realize our goals and objectives
- Work with our governance team to set social content standards.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience creating content for a company, agency or organization’s social channels, with strong expertise in audiences, trends and communication styles
- Understand current marketing communications technology, including content management tools, social listening tools, etc.
- Experience leading or working as part of a company, agency or organization’s social media or digital marketing team
- Minimum of six years of related work experience in areas such as social media, digital marketing
- Proven success in establishing and growing an organization’s social presence, voice and audience engagement
- Ability to partner and influence to build positive relationships, plan holistically, and deliver awesome outcomes
- Experience with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe or Coremetrics
- Experience managing and executing paid and earned digital marketing campaigns including content development, paid social, display and native advertising, content partnerships, influencer outreach, etc.
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Location Minneapolis MN, or any other Cargill locations
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.