The Sky Lobby Navigator will greet visitors entering the building, check in and register visitors for security badging, assist visitors around wayfinding, as well as other tasks associated with arrival and departure from Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
The Sky Lobby Navigator will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Sky Lobby Navigator will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Sky Lobby Navigator Will
- Welcome visitors to Shirley Ryan AbilityLab by greeting in the lobby, assisting with security check in processes, and directing visitors to their destination.
- Communicate the amenities of the building, and answer visitor questions.
- Utilize the institute’s informational tools, including the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab directory, the LIFE center, etc. to provide visitors accurate information.
- Ensure patients and visitors have their non-clinical needs met upon arrival to the AbilityLab.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in the hospitality/customer service industry required.
- Excellent Customer Service and interpersonal skills in order to represent Shirley Ryan AbilityLab well to patients, family members and external parties.
- Experience working with guest/visitor management systems.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual Arabic, Spanish, or Polish Language skills preferred.
- Experience and/or comfort level assisting individuals with disabilities, including wheelchair propulsion and vehicle transfers.
- Proven ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Adherence to code of ethics and confidentiality.
- Ability to function independently to carry out specific assignments
- Experience collaborating with others to implement processes, supporting patients/guests, providing a smooth transition to their next destination in the building.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Google Maps, Google Internet searches.
Reports directly to the Lead Sky Lobby Navigator
Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the first-ever “translational” research hospital where clinicians, scientists, innovators and technologists work together to advance Human Ability.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.