The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You’ll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to
Regular Or Temporary
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please Review The Following Job Description
Evaluate, underwrite and contract retail loan applications under approved fraud, loan processing policies for credit approval and facilitate the creation in the system of the correct loan promotion and loan documents for execution. Provide perfect client experience (PCE) to approved dealers necessary to build and maintain lending relationships within the risk guidelines of Sheffield and TRUIST. Assist dealers in all aspects of financing procedures, policies and options. Effectively exhibit the perfect client experience behavior during outbound and inbound calls with external dealer/customer clients.
position may be filled outside of Winston-Salem, NC as a remote teammate
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Process and decision credit applications and assess risk of applicants consistent with Sheffield Loan Processing policies and TRUIST. Underwrite consistent with our fraud processes, applying override rules and adjudicating the correct promotions for the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and approving credit under the correct advance rates.
- Make sure all personal and dealer information is logged onto the system correctly and accurately with a high attention to detail.
- Adjudicate credit decision within Sheffield’s service level agreement (SLA) time range of receipt of application or request additional information.
- Field and service dealer/customer client questions relating to underwriting, operational or procedural details including promotional offerings, policies, incentives, lien perfection and other general information.
- Provide various direct mailings of current programs to dealers, as needed, in an effort to develop relationships.
- Carry out dealer penetration and relationship building campaign initiatives through tele-consulting, dealer meetings and open houses.
- Maintain working knowledge of the products that Sheffield finances and knowledge of manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRPs).
- Assist management and other departments, on an as needed basis, with periodic operational, clerical, regulatory and customer service initiatives which do not violate separation of duties principles.
- Initiative dealer service call activities to allocated dealer group, in accordance with departmental campaigns, call goals and expectations of Sheffield.
- Assist in managing fraud and mitigating Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) risk by following approved policies.
- Follow underwriting and scorecard processes to include properly documenting accounts, using the correct mitigating factors when adjudicating credit.
- Correctly calculate long-term value (LTV) and advance rates under OEM approved guidelines.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong decision making and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- Retail finance experience particularly indirect space
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.