Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. (BNED.com) is a leading solutions provider for the education industry, driving affordability, access and achievement at hundreds of academic institutions nationwide and ensuring millions of students are equipped for success in the classroom and beyond. Through its family of brands, BNED offers campus retail services and academic solutions, a digital direct-to-student learning ecosystem, wholesale capabilities and more. BNED is a company serving all who work to elevate their lives through education, supporting students, faculty and institutions as they make tomorrow a better, more inclusive and smarter world.
The Digital Student Solutions (“DSS”) Segment includes direct-to-student product and service offerings to assist students to study more effectively and improve academic performance, thus enabling them to gain the valuable skills necessary to succeed after college. DSS is comprised of the operations of Student Brands, LLC, a leading direct-to-student subscription-based writing services business, and bartleby, a direct-to student subscription-based offering providing textbook solutions, expert questions and answers, AI-based writing assistance, and tutoring services.
Bartleby (bartleby.com) is a central offering in our developing ecosystem of direct-to-student digital products and services, accessible anytime and anywhere. bartleby.com provides critical services for students to achieve better success throughout their academic journey. The bartleby product offerings consist of bartleby learn™ comprised of textbook solutions (over 1,600 titles), question and answer solutions, and study guides; bartleby write™ comprised of revision, plagiarism, citation and scoring tools; and bartleby tutor™ comprised of online tutoring services.
The Digital Student Services team at Barnes and Noble Education is looking for a data-driven SEO specialist to help define and execute SEO strategy to drive meaningful organic traffic growth. You need to have a solid understanding of various SEO tools, with a proven track record in analytics and reporting.
- Perform technical SEO reviews to improve site crawlability, indexation, and long-tail content ranking
- Collaborate with Product + Tech to define SEO roadmap and best practices to ensure all work moves the organic search needle forward.
- Conduct site crawls, log analysis, SEO tests, and competitive research to guide our content strategy
- Build reports to measure KPIs on SEO health and performance, and turn observations into action and ultimately measurable results
- Execute and manage various link acquisition campaigns to increase brand footprint and traffic
- Effectively communicate progress and updates to key stakeholders of varying SEO knowledge
- 5+ years direct working experience as a Search Engine Optimization professional
- Experience working on large websites (over 100k pages) with long-tail content
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics/Tag Manager/Search Console, SearchMetrics SEMrush, Ahrefs, Keyword Research tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of many SEO concepts and tactics, as well as technical SEO core elements including, but not limited to: Keyword Research, Technical SEO (UX, site architecture, URL structure, XML sitemaps, canonical tags, dynamic/static pages, etc.), On-Page Optimization (Metadata, Headings, Content, Anchor Links, Navigation, etc.)
- Experience with link building, outreach and proper usage while representing the brand in the best possible light
- Working knowledge of the latest web technologies, marketing tools and methods for effectively leveraging them to improve brand visibility
- Understanding of basic HTML, CSS and code structure as it relates to SEO
- Keeps up to date with latest SEO trends and innovations
- Technically savvy; a fast learner in a fast environment
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with great attention to detail
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines
- A “Can-do” attitude and eagerness to learn a new business; not afraid to ask questions
- BA/BS in business, marketing, communications, computer science, or other related subjects
Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.