Fidelity Brokerage Technology (FBT) is looking for a Director, User Experience Designer who is passionate about making investing approachable for all audiences and to motivate customers to learn how to fit financial planning into their very busy lives. We are transforming the financial services industry by changing the way we work and putting the customer first. It’s a fast-paced environment where decisions are data-focused, collaborative and iterative.
The Expertise You Have And The Skills You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences, Human-Centered Design or other relevant degree or experience
- 3–5+ years on agile teams delivering value in digital products
- 3–5+ years track record running and/or using research to support evidence-focused design decisions
- Digital portfolio or examples of prior work and/or accomplishments are required
- Unwavering curiosity to ask why and dig deeper to understand the root causes of ambiguous customer problems
- This role will span across all types of communication channels including web, native IOS/android, virtual assistant/conversation
- Proven set of design skills, which might include visual, conversational, information architecture, prototyping, strategic design methods (such as design thinking), user research, or writing
- Strong foundation of technical development knowledge and understand the capabilities and limitations of native mobile languages
- Familiarity with the value of design systems, understand reuse and scale, and know when to contribute to make them better
- Expert in common design and prototyping tools such as FIGMA Invision, Sketch App, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, JIRA, Aha, Zeplin, Overflow, Visio, etc.
- Expert in mobile application design.
- Powerful impulse to improve existing designs, invent new experiences, and perform better than our competition
- Create and maintain appropriate interactive design deliverables (e.g. wireframes, prototypes, mockups, storyboards) and iterate upon multiple ideas
- Actively participate with other developers in design reviews, code reviews, and other best practices
- Build a measurable product vision with your team that produces results
- Demonstrate to others ‘how’ and ‘why’ design decisions are made
- Encouraging leader in mobile UX and product design
What You’ll Do
- With your cross-functional peers and fellow designers, you will help to set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate. Our design projects span across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- We let our users lead the way. We focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions
- You will work with small multi-disciplinary teams. Together, you will partner closely with developers, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- You have the ability to align multiple stakeholders and consider all feedback critically
- Produce an array of divergent, human-focused approaches advised by user needs, business objectives and technical capabilities
Who You Are
- At least 5 years of experience designing – focused tech or media companies; delivering best in class design as a UX designer, information architect, interaction designer or similar
- You care about communication and employ storytelling to paint a picture, build common understanding, set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts
- A systems-thinker who loves to create simple and elegant experiences for complex products and considers every facet of the user journey
- An excellent teammate, communicator and facilitator
- Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground. You love thinking big, and at the same time, you know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail
- You are an analytical designer with a range of skills, including visual design, prototyping, content strategy, UX research and experimentation
This role is a part of Digital Brokerage Solutions Technology Domain. Designers work closely with the product owners, developers, content strategists and design team to simplify investing within our digital experience.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
As a result of COVID-19, many of our associates are continuing to work remotely. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.