Kiavi, formerly known as LendingHome, is one of the largest lenders to real estate investors in the United States. With Kiavi’s technology platform and innovative financing solutions, real estate investors are empowered to make informed decisions, close deals faster, and realize the full potential of their real estate investment strategies.
Founded in 2013, Kiavi is committed to helping customers revitalize approximately $25 trillion worth of aged U.S. housing stock and provide move-in ready homes and rental housing for millions of Americans across the country. We have funded $10.7 billion dollars worth of loans across about 46,000+ projects, becoming one of the nation’s largest bridge loan lenders.
Combining our technology and industry expertise, Kiavi has grown to a team of over 400 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more.
- Loans Funded: $10.7+ billion in loans funded
- Homes financed: 46,000+ projects funded for our customers across the country. 95% of projects have successful exits
- Geography: 29 states + D.C. where we lend to real estate investors so they can revitalize neighborhoods
- Employees: Over 500 employees
This position can be based anywhere in the United States—remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our colleagues to work from the location that works best for them. For those who prefer to work in-office, we have locations in San Francisco and Pittsburgh. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates to drive creativity and innovation.
Your day to day
- Engineer: Architect and own large parts of our complex loan origination platform and associated web applications.
- Maintain a high quality bar: Champion code quality through peer-reviewed designs and code, focusing on test automation using unit, integration and end-to-end testing.
- Reduce Technical Debt: We allocate a certain percentage of each team’s time to tackling engineering initiatives focused on reducing tech debt. Every engineer contributes to these initiatives.
- Execute: Focus on delivering high impact initiatives that provide value to the customer on a daily basis.
- Collaborate: Work closely with our design and product teams as well as with our business stakeholders to build the right solutions for our customers.
- Customer-first: Ensure that our customers are successful and happy.
- Define Technical Strategy: You’ll own technical strategy for broad or complex requirements and come up with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for frontend, backend and full stack engineers. It all depends on where you can have the most impact. We have both functional and cross-functional teams. The product-oriented teams are cross-functional and are able to work quickly without taking dependencies in order to deliver the most impact in the shortest amount of time. These cross-functional teams operate like small independent business units with their own goals that align with the company goals.
- Experience: You are a proficient software engineer with 5+ years of professional experience.
- Product focused: You take pride in building high-quality, user-friendly products.
- Problem solver: You excel at understanding and breaking down complex problems. You pay attention to detail.
- Great communicator: You are candid and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences and you can effectively communicate in writing and in person or on a video call.
- Self-driven: You make things happen. You show a strong desire to succeed and are looking for opportunities to learn and grow.
- Productive/Impact-oriented: You are able to get a lot done quickly. You are willing to introduce new processes and technologies to the team that will improve productivity across the whole engineering team.
- Leadership: You show the ability to grow into a company leader. You will work with other leaders across the company to build company culture and to help shape the company’s future.
Nice to have
- Frontend Frameworks: React and GraphQL
- Backend Frameworks: Rails, Node.js, Kafka
- Databases: Postgres, Redis
- Service Oriented Architecture: We are shifting from being a monolithic Rails application to a distributed set of services. Experience having done this in the past is super useful to us.
- AppSec: We handle customer’s private information and we move billions of dollars around. Having experience with application security is important to us.
Benefits And Perks
- Product Ownership: All employees think like an owner because all employees own equity in the company and play a critical role in making our business great.
- Health Insurance: Our medical, dental, and vision plans are completely free for employee-only coverage, and the company pays 80% of the total premium for dependents.
- Carrot: The leading global fertility benefits provider, built to support employees through their lifelong fertility healthcare journey.
- Whole-Person Wellness: Anyone can schedule no-cost unlimited virtual therapy sessions, use a monthly subsidy for fitness facilities, and access reimbursements for fertility services.
- Retirement Savings. Employees who participate in our “no fee” 401(k) receive an immediately-vested employer match on 100% of contributions up to 3% of compensation.
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, do better for our customers and each other, and support your career journey.
- Flexible Time Off: With no cap on the number of days of PTO each year, employees are encouraged to enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle with work, travel, and family.
- Paid Leaves: You’re immediately eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid leave each year to bond with a new child (mothers & fathers) and up to 8 weeks for medical or caregiver leave so you come back ready to deliver high-impact results.
- Remote-First: We win together while still being fully remote, and each employee receives a stipend for their home office setup and a monthly allowance to help with the cost of internet/phone.
Kiavi in the News:
Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019 and Real Estate on a Threshold of a “Moneyball” Moment
HousingWire: 2019 HW Tech100 Winner: LendingHome
Pittsburgh Business Times: Voted a “2019 Best Places to Work” and won first runner-up in large company category
Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
Pittsburgh Business Times: San Francisco fintech aggressively expands, looks to hire in Pittsburgh
Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping