We are looking for a Software Engineer (full-stack node.js/React) to join a newly-formed, rapidly growing team. You will be part of an exceptional cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers tackling some of Freedom’s highest priority initiatives driven through the spirit of innovation and experimentation. This team will be inventing and delivering brand new value for current and future customers across all products that Freedom offers. As a member of this team, you’ll help us in our relentless honing of the craft of software development: learning modern technologies, adopting and adapting processes and best practices, and leveraging the benefits of automation. We are a passionate, fast-moving team and we are looking to bring on talented individuals who can help us continue to learn and grow.
We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, CO, UT, OR, and WA.
- Building new experiences to attract, educate, and retain Freedom Financial Network customers
- Rapidly testing, iterating, and measuring features and growth opportunities
- Developing with and contributing to a component-based architect based on node.js and React and delivering highly performant and search engine optimized (SEO), accessible user experiences to our visitors and customers
- Demonstrating an ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in building full-stack applications on node.js, React, AWS/Google Cloud
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner with peers across the organization
- Familiarity or professional experience with React Native a plus.
- Experience building reliable, scalable software in a cross-functional team environment that has been successfully delivered to customers.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace a healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Be a part of a company that is disrupting the financial services industry for the good of everyday people.
- Create and scale a new group within an organization that continues to grow year over year.
- Drive significant value to a rapidly growing organization in a high-profile position.
- Work with people who are passionately committed to providing innovative financial solutions.
- Competitive benefits
- 401k with employer match
- Paid vacation
- Paid time-off for volunteer work
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer’s financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona, and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt, and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.