At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual our goal is to help our clients achieve their financial goals. To do that, we want to ensure the best and seamless experience for our clients while we help to build their financial future. We are seeking to bring on a Senior Product Manager to our Digital Product team. As a Senior Product Manager in Digital Product –you will work on a cross-functional team of hard-working business analysts, engineers and subject matter experts in an agile methodology to advance our policy loan, surrender and reinstatement servicing capabilities for our clients, field and home office. You will lead strategic and transformational efforts impacting these servicing capabilities to deliver critical business outcomes.
Build the tools and experiences that empower our advisors and help our clients achieve those dreams. Work with a dedicated team of engineers, designers, data scientists and financial experts to define product vision, strategy and deliver experiences to enable clients to achieve financial security.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Set Product Vision: Responsible for product vision and appropriate positioning with key team members across the organization.
- Develop Roadmap: Foster the development, acceptance and communication of roadmap. Define and supervise important metrics for measure of success.
- Gather Requirements: Participate in cross functional work to solicit key requirements relative to the accountable product.
- Define the product: Responsible for multiple low to medium complexity products and product features from start to finish.
- Stakeholdering: Maintain the awareness and ability to articulate the product story to a broader audience outside the internal team with additional experience and maturity in the domain.
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences that are aligned with a quarterly vision with an understanding of the total design process.
- Author User Stories: Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively.
- Data & Customer Research: Inform product decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data on behavior and experimentation.
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain multiple prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or return on investment.
- Facilitate ceremonies: Facilitate the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- 4-5 Years of prior experience with at least 4 working in a Product Management Role, with agile team experience.
- Knowledge Preferred: formal business analyst, engineering or testing experience, knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, certification or experience with Product Owner or Scrum Master role.
- Proven cross functional work in previous experience along with strong communication skills, time management, project management skills, intuition for business and high self-awareness/EQ.
- Proven previous research experience, influence skills, initial leadership exposure, ability to translate product requirements into technical requirements, and work in ambiguity and solutioning.
- Solves sophisticated problems; take a new perspective on existing solutions; exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.