Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in MEP, information and communication technology, architectural lighting, vertical transportation, and commissioning. We are seeking an experienced Senior Process Engineer/Designer to join our team in San Francisco, CA or Hamilton, NJ office.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it is everything you will need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As a Senior Process Engineer/Designer, you will work on a variety of projects, from small to large, providing a high level of technical leadership in plumbing design. You will represent the Firm in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members.
- Establishing design standards and criteria for projects, preparing calculations, reports, and specifications
- Performing fire suppression system selection, preparing preliminary designs, and creating performance specifications
- Consulting on areas such as the preparation of existing facility diligence, sustainability analyses, and feasibility reports
- Producing drawings consistent with client requirements and standards
- Taking responsible charge for the projects you will manage
- Conducting business development activities as needed
- Participating in various trade organizations and preparing presentations
- Establishing project budgets and schedules
- Participating in QA/QC process of completed work by staff
- Mentoring and training more junior staff
- Partner with SF leadership to assist with retaining and the recruitment of talent
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Process Designer/Engineer with Commercial, Institutional, and Large Infrastructure Design experience. The ideal candidate will also have design experience in Aviation and Healthcare. In addition to your engineering experience, to succeed in this role, you will need a solid knowledge of systems design for various projects with the ability to communicate design concepts via sketches and renderings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; exceptional candidates may substitute with significant years of experience
- Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of relevant experience in the Plumbing Design field
- Experience with the latest version of REVIT is a must
- A working knowledge of the various applications of fire suppression systems gained through both formal training (NFPA 99) and project experience
- Solid knowledge of Mechanical / Plumbing trades, building codes, and drawings/documents
- Detailed knowledge of equipment from various manufacturers and the ability to make proper selections independently
- Ability to independently perform fire suppression hydraulic calculations to support design and estimate construction costs and evaluate the feasibility of construction
- Certified Plumbing Designer (CPD) Certification, highly preferred
As a Senior Process Designer/Engineer with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
The Personal Benefits Program At Syska Hennessy Group Includes
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs, including gym discounts, flu shots, and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A generous paid time off program (PTO)
- Transit/parking program
- Monthly business phone stipend
- Work from home Fridays
At Syska, we promote an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture. We empower our employees so they can take ownership for their work and development and strive to continually improve themselves and our firm. Syska is a place where you can build an exceptional career and have a lasting impact on the world.
Syska requires candidates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless a request for reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or based upon a sincerely held religious belief is requested and the request is granted. As a result, in absent of reasonable accommodation, it is required that candidate provides proof that you are fully vaccinated to be hired.
Syska Hennessy Group | Integrating the best minds and technology to help clients create exceptional environments