Global Risk Decision Analytics and Capabilities is a key team in Risk & Compliance organization that ensures WEX’s products and processes deliver robust fraud and credit decisions while providing a great customer experience and supporting WEX’s growth. We are a team of data-driven experts with an outstanding ability and sense of mission to find solutions through innovation and collaboration.
We are looking for an accomplished leader as Senior Manager, Portfolio Monitoring, who will be responsible for end-to-end portfolio monitoring for credit and fraud risk – ensuring full transparency incl. early indicators and actionable insights, leading to best-in-class credit and fraud results while enabling profitable growth and customer experience for WEX. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge and experience in portfolio transparency including KPI selection and dashboarding in Risk analytics across the credit and fraud lifecycle and processes, preferably in commercial and small business payments. The successful candidate will be collaborative and a strong communicator with high EQ to work in a matrixed organization. This position will report directly to the Head of Global Risk Decision Analytics and Capabilities and will have a team of data analysts reporting into it.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and manages comprehensive portfolio health monitoring consisting of dashboards adn alerting approaches for credit and fraud risk, with KPIs, portfolio trends, root cause analysis and deep dives, across products and line of business in WEX
- Synthesizing complex data insights into actionable insights and powerful storytelling and concise communication, tailored to audience including senior leadership and C-suite
- Be the eyes and ears of the CRO and her leadership team on portfolio health, drivers and potential solutions
- Providing strong thought leadership in performing qualitative and quantitative analysis (leveraging standard tools such as SQL and Python) on credit and fraud risk trends, and working together with Operations, Decision Science, Risk Strategy, Second line and WEX Bank teams to define, evaluate, and implement potential solutions.
- Leveraging relevant quantitative methods including statistical techniques to improve forecasts and produce business insights; leverage visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Continuously monitor credit, fraud and collections performance, conduct deep-dive analyses to explore areas of opportunity, and implement credit controls to address potential/emerging risks
- Continuously monitor additional external data, e.g. macro-economic data and industry trends and relate those to trends at WEX; also surveys the marketplace to understand industry best practices.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and cross-functional partners across WEX including Risk Operations, Technology, Bank, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Risk and Compliance/BSA/AML.
- Leverage quantitative skills to provide decision support on key initiatives
- Partner across Risk, Finance and Business to derive strategic insights and evaluate profitability
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree strongly preferred
- 8-10+ years of experience in the Risk Analytics and Commercial Risk space, ideally focusing on portfolio monitoring; Payments industry experience a plus
- Deep knowledge and experience in risk management across economic scenarios
- Experience using analytics/statistics and the underlying tool kit e.g. Python, Big and unstructured data and Data visualization to solve complex business problems and experience leading a team applying these approaches
Skills And Abilities
- Strong data visualization, communication and storytelling skills, that distill complex data and systems issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to think critically in order to analyze problems and develop creative, practical and efficient solutions for a multinational company
- The ability to learn quickly, solve complex problems, and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Strong people leadership and collaboration skills with enterprise first mindset
- Understanding of and experience with risk decision engines and/or payment technology
- Leadership qualities that motivate collaboration with others, guiding the prioritization of initiatives
- Willingness to learn and continuously build technical skill set
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects and tasks at the same time
- Adaptable and comfortable working collaboratively and independently in a self-starting manner
The base pay range represents the anticipated low and high end of the pay range for this position. Actual pay rates will vary and will be based on various factors, such as your qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. Base pay is one component of WEX’s total compensation package. Most sales positions are eligible for commission under the terms of an applicable plan. Non-sales roles are typically eligible for a quarterly or annual bonus based on their role and applicable plan. WEX’s comprehensive and market competitive benefits are designed to support your personal and professional well-being. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurances, retirement savings plan, paid time off, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more. For more information, check out the “About Us” section.
Salary Pay Range: $107,000.00 – $143,000.00