With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
This position can be US remote for the right individual
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer you will be responsible for driving the development of “client-side” digital solutions that meet business needs. Works with cross-functional partners to determine software needs and ensure usability.
What You Will Need
- Leads development of responsive, robust mobile applications or websites which interface with machine data, spatial and transactional data sources to collect and visualize information in real-time.
- Stays ahead of necessary enhancements and continuously develops and releases enhancements and new features
- Implement UEX testing practices to continuously improve the product for our users.
- Provides solution designs based on tested UEX strategies.
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to conceptualize great mobile and web experiences for the industry.
- Collaborate closely with other parts of the Engineering team to build end-to-end capabilities and ensure all parts of the solution work well together.
- Contribute to common internal libraries shared across various sites or applications.
- Interact directly with customers to understand the market and improve the usability of the software
- Deep knowledge of industry and key challenges that need to be solved
- Guides technical direction with the help of Product teams and peers.
- Can work independently with minimal direction.
- Provides guidance and technical direction to peers and junior members of the development team.
- Leads the design and code review process across the front-end workstream and product team.
- Produces high quality code with an emphasis on software craftsmanship.
- Ensures codebase is continuously deliverable, discoverable and deployable.
- Works closely with senior leadership to support technical excellence of team members and overall enterprise technology stack
- Builds knowledge and contributes ideas through interactive product design sessions, hackathons, and in-field opportunities.
- Handles complex issues and problems, referring only to the most complex issues to higher level staff.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to peers.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of IT experience to include experience working in a web or mobile stack; OR High-school diploma plus 8 years of IT experience to include experience working in a web or mobile stack.
- Familiar with Object Oriented Programming, Data Base/Data Modeling, SQL.
- Understands web standards & technologies (ex. HTTP, REST and JSON).
- Experience working in a modern cloud stack building and consuming APIs.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of IT experience OR High-school diploma plus 10 years of IT experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Services, or similar field.
- AWS Developer – Associate Certification.
- Experience publishing an application to the App Store.
- Experience working in a modern cloud stack building and consuming APIs
- Fluency with Swift language, utilizing XCode as an IDE, writing tests with XCTest, application profiling and performance monitoring/tuning, multi-threading your code, online/offline use of CoreData and interacting with the MapBox library for iOS.
- Experience with observability and monitoring tools (Sentry)
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics)
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- Hiring Salary Range: $79,560 – $140,400.
- Actual compensation amount paid may be lower or higher to be determined by factors other than race and gender such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
- This position includes a competitive benefits package.
- Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
To View a Full Job Description, Please Click Here.
Requisition ID: 89002
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.
Job Function: Information Technology