~This is a remote oportunity~
Cradlepoint was born in Boise and built for wireless. We are a team of authentic, hard-working, and innovative people driven by a shared vision to Connect Beyond the limits of wired networks. We help customers — big and small, across industries and around the world — utilize LTE and 5G cellular technology to connect people, places, and things, anywhere. We ’ re at the forefront of the Wireless WAN and 5G — the next big waves in networking — and we remain as hungry and humble as the day we started. If you ’ re hungry to be part of something big, come join us.
How Will You Contribute to the Company?
Cradlepoint is seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join us as an Software Engineering Manager within our R&D organization. Key success in this position includes managing a highly performant software development team that is building, deploying, and maintaining features and services for various components of Cradlepoint’s SaaS applications. This people management role includes a broad range of responsibilities ranging from strategic to tactical and brings expertise in delivery, project management, cross-functional program management, and vendor management. Applicant must have experience with software product life-cycle execution from design through support and maintenance.
What Will You Do?
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of high-performing software engineers to successfully deliver to the business needs
- Recruit and retain top talent
- Responsible for full lifecycle application and feature development
- Provide technical project management assistance to development team, including project planning, scheduling, status reporting, issue tracking and resolution, etc.
- Provide people management skills for development staff including development plans for team member growth, annual performance evaluations, etc.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity
- Collaborating with cross functional partners and building a technology roadmap
- Minimum five (5) years industry experience in software development
- Minimum five (5) years industry experience managing a team of software engineering teams
- Proven track record of successful execution of the full product/service development lifecycle from inception to production deployment and support
- Demonstrated success delivering large scale, highly available, enterprise application/software
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and to maintain a high degree of technical involvement with your team and application/services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, exceptional attention-to-detail, enjoys multi-tasking
- Outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills across various internal and external stake
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adaptive towards change
- Ability to work effectively with different stakeholders (Engineering, product, operations, support) located in varied geographical locations
- Experience with REST based micro services
- Experience with Java, Open-Source Frameworks like Spring, Hibernate and ember.js is a plus
- Experience with AWS or any other cloud technology is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes and Dockers is a plus
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platforms such as Salesforce.com is a plus
- Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) platforms such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience required
Note: Did you know that women and other marginalized groups often hold back on applying to jobs if they don’t meet 100% of all listed requirements? We don’t want you to hold back! If you don’t check every single box above but still feel like you could successfully do the work, we encourage you to apply! We’d love to connect and see how you could add to our team.
At Cradlepoint, we’re one team – all in on inclusion. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members across the globe helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. Our connected, community-focused culture enables each one of us to perform at our best and fully be ourselves.
Our Cradlepoint Values Drive Everything We Do
- Stay humble and hungry: Be a curious learner, resilient, and competitive.
- Don’t point a finger; lend a hand: We are one team! Communicate, provide support, and lift others.
- Make a difference: Prioritize, innovate, differentiate, and think big for customer success. Make a difference in work and in our communities.
- Keep it simple: Eliminate complexity. Reduce time to value.
- Enjoy the ride: Celebrate – appreciate – grow.
- Trust, Respect, and transparency: Be ethical, data-driven, respectful, and straight shooters who share openly.
We are creating the future of global connectivity & community. Come join us. You belong here.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary with a focus on a global market; Annual and Incremental Incentive plans; employee retirement plans (where available)
- Flexible Time Off with Global Holiday Schedules to promote work-life balance
- Wellness initiatives focused on the health and mental well-being of our team members and their families, including free membership to Headspace (a mindfulness and well-being app), an International Employee Assistance Program, and dedicated quarterly Well-being Days and No Internal Meeting Fridays.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Eligible to participate in customary health and other benefit plans and programs based on location
- Work from home opportunities across our global locations with a culture rooted in inclusion and teamwork
Cradlepoint’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging mission is to create an inclusive work environment where all employees’ differences are celebrated, their thoughts matter, and everyone feels safe to bring their authentic selves to work. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and aim to attract, develop, and engage top talent from a diverse candidate pool. It is our policy and commitment to provide equal opportunity employment for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.