Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enables more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. We’re defining and delivering a world class customer experience for our SaaS/Subscription, Hybrid and perpetual offers.
As Senior Director of Product Management within the CDTO Product management team you’ll be at the forefront of defining and driving product strategy, identifying key outcomes and driving to achieve success metrics across the Business Domain(s) that you are aligned to.
This role would offer you an opportunity to be results-driven, and customer-focused, transforming our SaaS and Subscription Commerce product which has a line of visibility to the Senior Leadership team.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Develop a vision and strategy to support and accelerate VMware’s Sub/SaaS transformation
- Ensure your functional teams are embedded in product releases and programs laser focused on driving common outcomes to support strategic priorities
- Influence and drive continuous improvements of product development lifecycle processes, practices, and initiatives
- Drive an organizational culture that is progressive and inclusive but also obsessed with outcomes and key results
- Build an agile and trusting partnership with key stakeholders across VMware
- Re-invent how the team operates, innovates, and executes
- Foster a product management culture that is innovative, collaborative, curious, and focused on the customer, stakeholder, and company mission
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Lead your product teams to define and drive product strategy, identifying key outcomes and success metrics
- Drive VMware’s multi-year strategy for your respective domain, spearheading key initiatives and driving cross-functional alignment and progress
- Collaborate with the team to discover customer problems and create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions
- Work with developers and CX/PX to define and prioritize a backlog for your product that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision
- Deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Engage with multiple business stakeholders to ensure clear and concise documentation of planned features as epics and user stories
- Collaborate with engineering, business development and data analytics teams to ship new, impactful platform capabilities that accelerate our time to value
- Drive collaboration with your team by facilitating workshops and activities, aligning team members on project outcomes, bringing clarity where there is ambiguity, and keeping everyone aligned throughout delivery
- Hire and support a talented team of Product Managers and Product line Managers who take pride in building high-quality high-impact products, embody VMware’s EPIC2 values, and have fun together
- Identify critical assumptions, define experiments, measure success metrics, and use data to inform decisions
- Utilize data analytics, research, product reviews, user feedback and product testing to ensure consistency and quality across all end user features
- Understand the customer journey for enterprise software and incorporate industry standards and best practice into your product
- Collaborate with product line managers on cross-domain initiatives; track and mitigate product risks
- Build strong relationships with business partners (Business Franchises, Business Operations, Business functions etc.) and development partners (UX design, engineering, data etc.)
- Influence and drive continuous improvement of product/solution development lifecycle process, practices, and initiatives
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will be reporting to VP, Product Management, Chief Digital Transformation Office (CDTO).
Where is this role located?
This role can be performed from anywhere in United States.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behaviour challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
The position is eligible for JoinCIO tag referral campaign
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-05-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.