Who We Are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We’re driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Samsara Brand and Creative team is looking for a vibrant & motivated Digital Program Manager. This is a key role for a results-oriented person with the ability to communicate effectively, encourage sound decision-making, and guide the teams he/she works with to successfully deliver on digital & creative projects, website launches, provide structure, streamline processes, and bring best practices to our digital programs. The ideal candidate has previous experience working in a creative or digital agency and/or internal creative department with a primary focus on digital where high quality results are required.
In this role, you will:
- Provide Program Management for our digital team by organizing project planning, weekly meetings, and presentations; you will also track milestones and tasks with assigned teams
- Identify and remove impediments that block the team’s ability to meet project objectives
- Provide timely status reports; introduce mitigation tactics to minimize project delivery risks
- Facilitate team discussions and resolve conflict
- Communicate timelines and approval framework for cross team understanding
- Orchestrate the efforts of cross functional teams to execute on strategic launches, awareness campaigns, website updates, and digital projects to ensure all stakeholders are updated
- You will be responsible for all phases of the projects which can involve multiple teams,, departments, and internal & external resources
- Develop project plans including information such as business requirements, project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and resource plans
- Provide leadership across the organization’s digital projects as well as lead, and provide hands on project management support in standups and status meetings
- In this role you will work with Creative, IT, PMM, Campaigns, and front end developers
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- The ideal candidate has five plus years of project management experience at an agency and/or internal creative department with a primary focus on digital where high quality results are required
- Experience launching digital solutions, including ongoing analysis and continuous product improvements
- You have strong understanding of the creative and digital process, timelines and scoping requirements
- You have outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills (verbal/presentation/written)
- You have the ability to use effective, common PM tools (Asana, Google suite, Figma)
- Working knowledge of the technical software development process, Agile delivery methods including Agile Scrum and/or Kanban+. Proficiency working with JIRA is a plus
- Ability to work with agency providers, consultants, contractors and other suppliers
- Proactively address obstacles and risks and work with team and stakeholders to provide solutions
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.