Rational 360 is hiring a Senior Advertising Strategist to help manage and execute the firm’s digital advertising campaigns. The ideal candidate will have experience managing paid digital ads, be well-versed in online and social media communications, and ideally will have experience in agency, political, or public affairs settings. Candidates must be eager to work in a fast-paced environment and able to manage a diverse workload.
In this role, you will collaborate with the digital advertising team and client teams to manage and execute digital advertising campaigns across platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Lockerdome, Care2, and other programmatic ad platforms. The Digital Advertising Associate will help execute the digital strategy for client accounts including acquisition and activation ads, education and persuasion ads, online fundraising, and social media promotion.
Our firm is committed to high quality, personal service and we specialize in strategic public affairs communications, reputation management, business and consumer public relations, and interactive digital communications.
About Rational 360
The Rational Way: All in Partners
Rational 360 is a leading full-service strategic communications and digital agency, with offices and staff located across the country. We recognize that communications and public affairs rarely take place in a vacuum, and our work is always crafted using the best data analysis to support organization-wide strategic objectives for our clients.
From public relations and public affairs to crisis communications and new media strategy, our experienced team takes an innovative, active approach to advancing your mission-critical goals. We understand the unique opportunities and challenges of the 21st century media landscape and operate as an extension of your own communications and leadership teams.
The Rational Approach: Integrated Campaigns
We create custom campaigns that are integrated with communication, policy, or business goals an organization may have and we measure our campaigns on their ability to deliver outcomes and results. Our creative and relentless approach inspires hearts and minds, turns data into action, opens commercial markets, and drives impactful outcomes that win.
The Rational Difference: Connected Where it Matters.
Our bipartisan team members have worked at every level of business and government and our networks extend deep into the Halls of Congress, the White House, and Fortune 500 boardrooms across the country. We have the pulse of mission-critical conversations and implement campaigns when and where it matters most – and measure success at every point in the process.
- Basic Familiarity of the Facebook/Instagram Advertising Platform and the Google Ads platform and their native measurement solutions
- Basic familiarity with LinkedIn Advertising, Twitter Advertising, and other “tier two” bid-based/performance media platforms preferred
- Experience reporting on paid/owned/earned social media
- Experience executing ad campaigns with different goals, including acquisition, fundraising, and persuasion
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, browser plug-ins, and third-party analytics/measurement tools in addition to each platform’s native measurement solutions
- Superior communication skills: be comfortable in managing and handling internal and external communications with grace and ease.
- Extreme attention to detail and strong writing skills are required.
- Ability to set advertising goals for campaigns and drive toward them
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team.
- Proven ability to develop creative, strategic digital solutions to communications challenges Experience working on a fast-paced team with multiple projects happening at the same time.
- Experience in public affairs/advocacy setting is a plus
- Basic HTML is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Collaborate with internal teams in developing and executing paid social media and paid search strategies across platforms.
- Launch/manage/optimize and report on campaigns, primarily Facebook/Instagram advertising and paid search campaigns on Google and Bing.
- Report on performance and analyze data to determine results and actionable learnings.
- Represent your department in client meetings and conference calls.
- Participate in new business proposals/presentations.
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends, including how to best apply them to client initiatives.
Rational 360 offers competitive compensation including year-end bonuses and a 401K match for full-time employees. Full-time staff members are eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
We offer employees paid time off, paid holidays off, paid family leave, sick leave, and a flexible work schedule around the holidays which include the office closing between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Full-time employees are expected to work in our Washington, DC office Monday – Thursday each week and have the option to work remotely each Friday. Additionally, employees can take up to two (2) additional weeks of remote workdays during the calendar year.
Employees have the opportunity to continue to grow their skills with professional development in the office or remotely. Rational 360 hosts weekly all-staff professional development trainings led by a leader at Rational 360 or by an expert brought in from outside of Rational 360 to lead the trainings. All trainings in the office have catered lunch and those working remotely are given an Uber Eats pass to order lunch to their home during the professional development training.
Each employee is paired with a senior member of the management team at Rational which will serve as his or her mentor throughout the year to continue to grow in his or her career at Rational.
Rational 360 has a 3-month check-in for all new employees, a 6-month review, and an annual review for each year the employee is at Rational 360.
Rational 360 is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.