Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – North America
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 – $110/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long-term
Our client provides supply chain solutions for many of the world’s leading companies. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team designing, building and launching a supply chain visibility application that will shift and shape customer expectations for the next decade and beyond.
This role will be responsible for putting the model in ‘model driven application development’. The Semantic Data Modeler will accomplish this by describing the domain of logistics utilizing semantic modeling and associated technologies. They participate as a key collaborator with the product and development teams, synthesizing and representing the knowledge and requirements of the business into consumable information models. The work is high-level (strategic and enterprise in scale), narrow (implementing customer and partner specific solutions), and deep (detailed data definitions and mapping).
A qualified candidate will likely to have 5+ years of enterprise scale modeling experience. Knowledge of supply chain and logistics activities will be a distinct advantage.
- Analyze, define, and model the knowledge of logistics and the requirements for supply chain visibility and collaboration solutions
- Provide comprehensive semantic models that are both human and machine readable
- Define key business concepts, attributes, and relationships and organize them into ontologies, taxonomies and glossaries
- Work closely with key business and technology SMEs to define and design models representing a variety of domains, including partner models, canonical and metadata models, and implementation models
- Create and maintain effective mapping, visibility, and traceability across models
- Analyze and maintain master and reference data (e.g., canonical, partner specific data, mapping between sources)
- Define events for transforming and mapping data inputs to canonical representations
- Define and apply semantic model patterns and definitions (e.g., objects, attributes, relationships, metadata)
- Define and apply business domain model patterns and definitions (e.g., itineraries, locations, events, agents, rates)
- Research and recommend tools and data for process efficiencies
- Product management – To understand, elaborate, and implement strategy, vision, and business requirements
- Project management – To plan and implement specific customer and data provider integrations through models, data flows, and requirements
- Development – To collaborate on the implementation of requirements balancing coding and model driven development
- UX – To plan and model user experience expectations, and provide traceability from the interface to data sources
- DBAs – To collaborate on efficient/effective storage and retrieval of semantic data structures
- ML/AI – To understand the data needs for ML/AI (data wrangling, prep, and cleansing), and collaborate on solution requirements
- QA – To define expectations and processes for validating models and data quality during solution implementation
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Semantic modeling
- Taxonomy and ontology development
- Enterprise scale data analysis and modeling
- Natural ability to observe, listen and ask why
- Determining the right approach to effectively facilitate, negotiate, and influence
- Training, mentoring, leading others
- Adaptable communication and the ability to explain details and concepts
- Ability to simplify the complex, mitigate risk, deal with ambiguity
- Semantic concepts and technologies (e.g., OWL/RDF, SPARQL)
- Model-driven development, domain-driven design, complex event processing
- XML, APIs, EDI standards, and practices
- Logistics and supply chain processes and technologies preferred
- Lean and agile development practices, SAFe
- Tools: Semaphore, Excel, MarkLogic, Azure Dev Ops (ADO), or similar
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.