Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About The Role
About the team:
As a Software Engineer on our Custody Services Team, you will be working with our Custody team to support and evolve our secure wallet and blockchain processing systems. This role will mainly focus on system tools and infrastructure written in Golang, and participate in deploying and operating our high-security hardware systems in regional datacenters. You will also gain an outstanding look into how the US financial system works on the inside and strengthen your financial and cryptocurrency domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while service unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles in our fast growing company.
What You’ll Do Day-to-day
- You will design and build the next generation security services within our custody platform.
- You will own and work in a 24/7 on-call rotation for our custody services.
- You will partner with teams across Security & Privacy and Robinhood to address business and technical requirements by delivering secure solutions and features in accordance with our priorities and roadmap.
- You will write high quality and well tested, secure code to ship to our customers.
- You will create and implement strategies to continually improve the security posture of Robinhood’s cryptographic systems and the critical data they protect.
- You have 3+ years’ experience writing code in Golang
- You have some familiarity with uses of cryptography and ECDSA
- Some level of experience coding blockchain or cryptocurrency functions, and tools
- Basic REST API usage experience
- Experience implementing blockchain transaction processing
- Experience using blockchain explorer or full node APIs
Technologies We Use
- Software development languages and frameworks like Python and Go
- Container orchestration and stream processing solutions like Kubernetes and Kafka
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Proprietary and commercial solutions for blockchain and wallet operations
CO Residents: In Colorado, the base pay for this position ranges from $122000 – $163000.
NYC Residents: In NYC, the base pay for this position ranges from $157000 – $185000.
This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus and participation in Robinhood’s equity plan.
Base pay is determined by market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Please note, some of our roles are open to additional levels which would impact the expected base pay.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click Here To Learn More About Robinhood’s Benefits.
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job’s working model.