At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Custom Developer Expert will provide production support for SAP sub-processes/sub-modules supporting corporate clients, including routine systems operation support; diagnose and fix system problems; monitor and maintain batch processes; maintain production and test environments
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to end-user problems; Help Desk problem tickets
- Provide applications development and enhancement functions, including analysis, design, coding, testing, and object transports using SAP’s ABAP/4 Development Workbench.
- Work with SAP functional analysts and Operations business analysts to formalize specifications for custom development. With limited supervision, design and implement technical solutions for conversions, interfaces, enhancements, reports, forms, and workflows using BDCs, call transactions, user exits, bolt-ons, standard data transfer, dialog programming, SAP Script, etc.
- Keep supervisor or team lead informed of significant cross-team, cross-functional issues, and/or significant technical challenges as appropriate.
- Proactively work to solve these issues while including the key functional and/or business stakeholders.
- Develop custom solutions using customized transactions and user exits to provide additional functionality not available within standard SAP.
- Develop and support ABAP/4 Batch Job Scheduling. – Document and perform unit, string, integration, and regression testing in support of new implementations and releases.
- Review and Test System Upgrades: Install SAP supplied updates (OSS notes, LCPs); Install new releases of SAP; Install new releases of bolt-ons (BSI Tax Factory, Taxware, etc.)
- Develop coding standards based on best practices and lead technical teams during the project design and implementation phase
- Hybrid work schedule; a combination of working remotely from home and 1-2 days a week in the office
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in IT application support
- Experience working with vendors such as Empyrean, MetLife, WageWorks, E*TRADE, and ADP or similar
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Ten (10) years of IT application support experience including SAP HR/Payroll module or other HRIS/Payroll software
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Good understanding of US & Canadian Payroll process
- Must have experience in developing and maintaining screens in module pools and function groups with a clear understanding of screen events
- Strong experience in support functions related to the development environment including debugging, transports, DDIC, batch jobs, emailing, printing, SQL trace, runtime analysis, Batch Input, Monitoring
- Must be comfortable drafting technical design documents and creating and documenting unit test plans and results
- Knowledge of UNIX, SQL, MS Access, SAP CPI, Point to Point replication, and Dell Boomi Middleware
- In-depth experience Debugging SAP applications and writing Custom reports
- Experience coding updates in the system using BDCs; call transactions, submit, functions calls (including BAPI functions, RFCs, update tasks, etc.), and direct updates to tables in customer space
- Experience working with SAP interface files and UNIX files
- Proficient in MS Office applications and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in order to provide appropriate client support and interaction
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret business requirements, design and develop code for custom application development
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure, remaining focused and calm in the face of distractions and changing priorities
- Ability to prioritize workload
- In-depth knowledge of SAP’s ABAP/4 programming language, workflow, IDOC, ALE, and SAP Scripts
- Must have excellent technical writing skills to develop functional and technical specifications
- Ability to code application components to specifications using applicable technology standards
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources