As an Engineering Specifications Representative, you will create opportunities for sales through specification development, project management, and working the commercial team to drive PPG’s success on large new construction and large capital projects.
As you support activity within the East Coast, you’ll find this opportunity to be thrilling, engaging and different every day with great opportunities for tremendous, exciting project wins!
- Develop new and maintain existing specification position within all available documents with PPG’s inclusion within the Structural Steel, Fireproofing, Pipe, Tank, Secondary Containment, and Field Painting Schedule and Specifications.
- Develop multiple contacts within the firm and contract chain to identify sources of influences vertically throughout the firm’s organization.
- Identify and track the contract chain progression including awards of key projects within USCA or globally by firm and/or owner.
- Communicate all useful project development, contract awards and developments to the commercial team, management and other members of Engineering and Projects organization.
- Apply company provided market data, including project data, to both identify new project opportunities and track ongoing ones.
- Be an active member of industry associations to gain expert knowledge you can use to drive sales and a competitive edge.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering subject area, preferably civil/structural or construction management.
- 5 years proven experience in paint or high performance coatings sales or technical sales.
- A strong desire to learn, succeed and sell PPG’s solutions
- A valid US driver’s license with the ability to travel up to 60%, including overnights is required.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
Pay Transparency poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_ English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement: http://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf