As an NRG employee, we encourage you to think creatively and proactively about your career choices. Our work environment is dynamic and the career opportunities across our businesses offer variety and challenge. Providing career growth to our own employees is critical to our ongoing success–take charge of your career goals and empower your future!
Airtron Heating and Air, an NRG company, has established itself as one of the leading providers of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (HVAC). We provide an all-encompassing approach to HVAC solutions, from professional installations of premium products to comprehensive service plans, so systems work at their peak efficiency to provide customer comfort at the lowest cost. With more than 40 years of experience in the cooling and heating industry we have the knowledge and skills that allow us to stand firmly behind our work.
We are currently seeking Sales Representatives for our Dallas, TX location!
The Sales Representative assesses homeowner needs, develops and presents HVAC comfort solutions to new and existing residential customers.
- Generates leads through customer referrals, door hangers and other marketing avenues
- Recommends solutions and linked to customer objectives
- Builds rapport with customers by observing and perceiving customer’s interests and emotions
- Builds sustainable relationships with customers to cultivate future business
- Maintains a closing ratio on technician-generated leads of 70% or higher
- Maintains a closing ratio on marketed leads of 50% or higher
- Maintains an average sale price set forth by the brand
- Performs required surveys on every call
- Completes all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner on all leads, including financing paperwork and the collection of cash payments
- Conducts daily activities with the highest level of honesty and integrity and always displays a positive attitude toward fellow Team Members and customers
- Arrives at all appointments and meetings ahead of schedule
- Provides 100% satisfaction to each customer
- Prepares estimates for contracts and proposals
- Follows-up on sales leads and lists, both self-generated and via other sources
- Manage multiple opportunities particularly focusing on selling service agreements and new equipment
- Sell, renew and expand renewable service agreements, to both new and existing customer
- Follows all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety
- Other duties as assigned
- Duties may vary by location.
- 3+ years’ experience in outside sales
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven track record of sales success
- Intermediate computer skills and able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong relationship building skills, customer focused and disciplined
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to work overtime with little notice; weekend hours may occasionally be required.
- In-home service agreement sales and estimating experience
- Knowledge of HVAC equipment
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Completed college coursework
Additional Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Consultative and collaborative selling approach
- Must be organized and able to coordinate a large volume of requests
- Proactive mindset
- Must be able to work independently
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn and be a part of a team
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Ability to build positive relationships with customers, both internal and external
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Safety mindset and acceptance of a safety culture
- Related experience may be substituted for education
- Partial time spent in an office environment
- Partial time spent in the field in customer homes.
- Travel by vehicle to and from work locations
- Comfortable working both indoors and outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE
- Must be able to drive and operate a motorized passenger vehicle or forklift
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 pounds frequently
- Frequently performs tasks requiring climbing, bending at the waist, crawling, kneeling, crouching
- Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and occasionally work on platforms/scaffolding (using the appropriate fall protection requirements)
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, masks/respirators, reflective safety vests, gloves and safety toe, construction-grade work boots
- Must be able to adhere to long periods of standing, walking or sitting
- Ability to hear, understand and distinguish speech and/or other sounds to operate phones or other equipment safely.
- With natural or corrected vision, able to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to others
- Ability to enter text or data into a computer by means of a traditional keyboard or 10-key numeric keypad
- Must be able to use arms and hands to reach overhead, signal, grab, hold, lift, turn, push and pull objects and tools
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources.