The incumbent is responsible for contributing to the evolution of the Vendor Risk Oversight Center of Excellence (COE). This will include leading risk discovery initiatives focused on leveraging the data collected through VROCOE and partner processes. The data analysis will include testing vendor manager activities to ensure policy compliance, analyzing data to identify anomalies and outliers contributing to risk, as well as using data to drive different approaches to risk discovery.
The Expertise And Skills You Bring
- You have at least 5 years of experience in risk, audit, or compliance
- You have a bachelor’s degree in data analytics, computer science, math or science
- You are a creative problem solver with a curiosity fueled by current technology, and are interested in applying new technology-based solutions to our risk discovery and testing processes
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to tailor messages to various audiences
- You successfully create compelling PowerPoint presentations for executive audiences, relying on data to reinforce the message
- You organize and lead multiple concurrent priorities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly, uphold high performance standards and thrive in situations where ambiguity is to be anticipated and a sense of urgency is required
- Ability to review, assimilate, prioritize, and make decisions based on a high volume of data and information that flows quickly through the environment
The Value You Deliver
- Conducting data analysis to discover risks and anomalies both within VROCOE data set and across data produced by risk partners
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to conduct analysis that leads to risk discovery
- Leading projects to enhance the program framework through implementation of new controls, or enhancements to vendor risk tools, reporting and analytics
- Producing and presenting materials for varying audiences across all management levels to tell the story about the analysis and conclusions
- Providing thought leadership to new approaches to automation and risk discovery including use of advanced technologies such as machine learning and AI
- Establishing and maintaining productive working relationships necessary to continuously evolve vendor risk oversight
The Vendor Risk Oversight Center of Excellence is part of Fidelity Enterprise Risk Management (FERM) organization. The VROCOE is responsible for building a framework that protects Fidelity from vendor risks throughout the vendor life cycle. The program is continually evolving to mitigate emerging risks as vendor relationships, business needs, and regulations change. The program is highly collaborative and requires strong partnerships with business units, centralized risk teams, senior leaders, and vendor managers across the enterprise. We are evolving to take advantage of a data-rich environment. This includes vendor profiles from vendor managers and partners, e.g., Business Continuity Center of Excellence, Credit Risk Center of Excellence, Procurement, Enterprise Cybersecurity and Global Security and Investigations.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
As a result of COVID-19, many of our associates are continuing to work remotely. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.