As a member of the Workplace Investing (WI) Risk Management team, you will play a key role in protecting Fidelity and its customers. You’ll be working across WI DC Operations, Client Services, Financial Operations, and Client Billing to provide valuable risk management insight as they develop new product enhancements, perform operational activities, and provide service to our clients. Work will include proactive risk identification, control design, handling risk incidents, performing risk assessments, collaborating to improve and expand risk programs, and providing day to day support of critical risk initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have strong audit, risk management experience and skills, and industry experience. Fidelity Workplace Investing or similar experience and understanding of controls for operations and product offerings is preferred.
The role will be involved in various projects that will assist WI with achieving their business objectives through activities such as
Your primary role is to work closely with risk team members, WI associates, and other groups that support WI, to identify, assess, and mitigate business risks related to new products, ongoing operations, services, and technology. This position will collaborate with all levels in the WI Operations and Product teams on behalf of WI Risk. It requires an individual who works well both independently and as part of a larger cross-functional group.
- Proactive risk identification through control reviews and detailed analysis of key functions.
- Making recommendations to mitigate risks and solve problems.
- Leading initiatives that improve controls.
- Conducting risk assessments, performing control reviews and testing.
- Incident management.
We will work closely within our team to ensure that our collaboration delivers value to the business and influences outcomes where needed. You will form relationships within the business units and serve as a liaison from Risk Management to many different areas including compliance, legal, and audit. You will ensure there is appropriate reporting, communication, and awareness on issues, so the business is making informed decisions.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor’s degree required (accounting, business, economics, finance, or related field preferred).
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in risk management, internal audit, external audit, compliance, or business operations in the financial services industry preferred.
- Direct experience with Workplace Investing’s major lines of business: Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with an understanding of risk impact.
- Effective use of data analysis and visualization applications such as Tableau and/or a strong interest in developing such skills.
- Expertise in using PowerPoint to create impactful presentations and Excel to organize, analyze and manage data.
The Skills You Bring
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt to a range of different projects with varying business partners.
- Excellent social skills including succinct communication in writing and verbally.
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to summarize and present findings in an organized, professional manner.
- Your ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with our business partners.
- A dedication towards continuous improvement and learning new skills.
The Value You Deliver
- Applying programs, resources, and tools to identify and mitigate risks. Leading multiple projects and responsibilities within prescribed timelines, including individual as well as team responsibilities.
- Participating in projects that improve control performance.
- Delivering valuable insights and risk mitigation recommendations in support of business goals.
- Continuously improving our risk programs and promoting risk awareness.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.