DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
The Returns Supervisor at our Manufacturing facility is responsible for the following:
- Supervise and coordinate activities and efficiencies of employees in a manufacturing work environment for the repair and refurbishing of satellite TV receivers and accessories
- Review productivity of employees daily for accuracy and compliance with established procedures, and determines workload for team members
- Determine work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates
- Trace history of unresolved issues to determine reasons for errors or needed corrections and recommend remedial actions to resolve discrepancies
- Other responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems Conduct daily and weekly meetings with team members
- Capable of performing all job duties of direct reports at a high level of proficiency
- Directly responsible for exempt/non-exempt staff, and responsible for the performance of subordinates
- Provide leadership to a manufacturing team and promoting employee engagement
This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position and other duties may be assigned.
Skills, Experience And Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s preferred
- At least one year of experience in a supervisory role
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles, 5-S and KanBan is preferred
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance/procedure instructions
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not a comprehensive list of all duties that may be assigned to this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, read and interpret documents and instructions; frequent identification of letters, numbers, and symbols in a warehouse or office environment. This position may require sitting for long periods of time at a workstation. The employee must have the ability to use a keyboard and equipment typically found in a warehouse or office work setting. Individuals must have the ability to lift 45 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position works in/near moving mechanical parts and may be in a non-temperature controlled work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Manufacturing/warehouse environment and/or standard office environment.
Compensation: $60,000.00/Year – $65,000.00/Year
- Our greatest benefit is opportunity, as we promote from within
- Paid time off – vacation and sick time
- Free DISH TV programming at a value of $114.99/month at your home, plus deeply discounted SlingTV and Boost Mobile plans
- Paid training
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.