What You’ll Do…
As you inspire people to make confident, informed decisions about their lives, careers, and money, you’ll build client relationships that will grow stronger every year.
Joining H&R Block as a Remote Tax Professional means you’ll serve clients with diverse tax needs and you’ll have the support of an expert team, dedicated to providing you with advanced tax training you’ll need to be successful.
H&R Block is the industry’s largest consumer tax services provider1 and we have been focused on client service for over 60 years. When you join our team, you’ll find that we’re here to live our purpose – to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.
Day to day, you’ll
- Conduct tax interviews with clients and support DIY online clients through virtual tools (i.e., video conferencing, phone, chat, email)
- Prepare complete and accurate tax returns
- Generate business growth, increase client retention, and offer additional products and services
What You’ll Bring To The Team…
- Experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping or tax
- Experience completing individual tax returns
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and skilled in technology (specifically MS Teams, Google and Outlook)
- Ability to communicate complex tax situations concisely via phone, email and chat
- Experience utilizing effective customer service techniques
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge Assessment or equivalent
- High school diploma / equivalent or higher
- Availability to work a minimum of 20 hours a week during peak tax season
- Must complete 18-hour continuing education requirement and meet all other IRS and applicable state requirements
- After hire, must successfully complete 8 hours training on H&R Block’s DIY tax platform and additional work from anywhere training
It would be even better if you also had…
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- CPA or Enrolled Agent certification
- Experience completing complex returns (individual, trust, partnership)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping or tax
- Experience conducting virtual tax interviews
- Tax planning and audit support experience
- Sales and/or marketing experience
- Skill in researching information using various tax and publication tools (i.e., IRS Publications/Instructions)
Perks of the job…
At Block, Seasonal Associate Benefits Include
Being here has its benefits. Our benefit offerings can help you plan for the health, well-being and financial wellness needs for you and your family.
- Medical coverage
- Retirement savings plans
- Tax prep benefit
- Other perks like flexible hours, collaborative teams and much more!
Qualifying associates can enroll themselves and/or their eligible dependents in medical and prescription drug coverage; can participate in the H&R Block Retirement Savings Plan (401(k) Plan), the Employee Assistance Program, (virtual) fitness center programs, and the associate discount program; are automatically enrolled in Business Travel Accident Insurance; and receive Associate Tax Prep benefit.
About H&R Block…
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.