Our client is a supplier of value-added functional ingredients sold to manufacturers of foods, beverages, protein bars, nutritional supplements, cosmetics, personal care products, and pharmaceuticals. We are looking to hire a Regional Sales Manager who has experience selling chemicals and value added functional ingredients to customers in North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia. We desire to hire someone who is outgoing, personable, energetic, enthusiastic, and enjoys providing solutions for customers. This person will sell functional ingredients, make technical sales presentations to scientists, get samples in customers hands for testing, negotiate contracts with Purchasing Managers, and provide updated budgets and forecasts as needed. Travel will be modest.
· Increase sales by direct selling; development of new business and new accounts
· Provide the first line of technical support to the clients.
· Provide new innovation ideas and joint formulation development with the end customers to help develop and market new products.
· Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
· Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
· Maintain accurate records of all prices, sales, and activity reports.
· Create and conduct technical presentations for customers.
· Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
· Travel to customers, trade shows, and industry related functions
· Bachelor’s degree required. Chemistry, Biology, or Food Science desired.
· 3 years minimum professional sales experience calling on the target market selling chemicals and ingredients.
· A confident and hard-working attitude. Positive, upbeat, and enthusiastic personality. Self-starter, hunter, motivated, and detail oriented.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills. Excellent time management and prioritization skills
· Strong proficiency in computers and software including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and forward-thinking company that is poised for tremendous growth. We offer excellent benefits including medical & dental insurance, a top rated pension plan, 3 weeks-vacation to start, and more. The successful applicant will also receive a company laptop, cell phone plan, and home office equipment. Auto expenses reimbursed.
If you are interested and qualified, please apply today!