The Quality Supervisor will be responsible for managing small work teams in a fast paced, high volume, unionized, manufacturing environment. The Quality Supervisor is responsible for ensuring team safety; building teams and training / allocating manpower; driving and implementing continuous improvement solutions to improve product quality and reach throughput and cost targets; and ensuring team morale. The selected candidate’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to coordinating all activities to achieve business metrics and implementing Stellantis Production Way (SPW) processes and initiatives including the following;
- Ensure the production plan is met, analyzes issues with other roles, drives and implements continuous improvement activities and sustainability of solutions inside the Zone.
- Ensure a safe workplace, leads the Team to improve Safety in the area and enforces the use of mandated Safety tools and procedures.
- Understand losses during the Shift, use the C-Matrix to coordinate World Class Manufacturing activities and improve Zone performances.
- Proactively analyzes quality KPIs related to the Zone, prioritizes quality issues and properly guides Team Leaders.
- Ensure the right allocation of the people on the line, manages absenteeism, trains and builds teams.
- Possess knowledge of the broader manufacturing organization and have the ability to mobilize support groups and resources to lead and assist in problem solving activities.
- Actively participate and lead kaizen project activities centered on Safety, Cost, Quality and Throughput improvements and waste reduction opportunities identified through cost deployment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with various levels of employees within all areas of the Plant from hourly represented employees to Senior Leadership as required
- Ability to build effective business relationships with plant leadership and customers
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Goal oriented self-starter with ability to lead teams
- Ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- 2 or more years experience in supervision in a high volume environment
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Previous experience working in a union environment
- Experience in continuous improvement systems and lean manufacturing
- Good working knowledge of Google Suite software programs